C++:Adding two numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
i am using turbo c++ ver 3.0 from the last 18 months . I am in 12th now and the computer teacher is very impressed from my programming skills.though i don't know programming very deeply but according to ISC board standards it is sufficient.
can any1 tell me from where to download the latest version.I am low on bandwidth that's why i am not downloading the rapidshare link given bu goyal2000. i want 2 download the latest version

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
g_goyal2000 said:
Why not simply use Turbo C++???
It's much better & easy to use for starters.

Here's the link to Turbo C++
*rapidshare.com/files/47910015/TURBOC.EXE

Download it, open the file using Winzip or Winrar and extract it to C: drive.

Be sure to check that the option to use path names is checked otherwise the files will overwrite themselves & u'll have a corrupt complier in your hands.

Do Not execute the file directly by double clicking on it.
No man , coz Turbo C++ is NOT standard C++ . It does not support the ISO C++ Specification and thus is usless in the current context , using any FRee IDE(Visual C++ Express , or borland's free compiler) will be much better.

also , Turbo C++ does NOT run fine under Windows XP(which is what the majority uses)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I think all 16-bit apps do that?

@casanova - Try reinstalling GCC packages? Looks like an incomplete or limited installation which is thus reporting cc1.exe is missing..

Last edited:

sandeepk

Journeyman
navjotjsingh said:
Turbo C++ does run under XP. I run it successfully.
I too have problems running Turbo C++ on my Win XP machine. My sister uses it for her 12th class programs. I don't need it, but whenever she tries to make it fullscreen then the whole computers just freezes. (Using Alt+Enter). What you need to do to work it properly?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
sandeepk said:
I too have problems running Turbo C++ on my Win XP machine. My sister uses it for her 12th class programs. I don't need it, but whenever she tries to make it fullscreen then the whole computers just freezes. (Using Alt+Enter). What you need to do to work it properly?

Don't run TC using its shortcut. Directly go to bin directory and click on TC.exe I just tested my copy of Turbo C++ and it still works nicely on XP SP2.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
@sandeepk

Don't start TC from windows. Go to command prompt, then navigate to tc and then start it from there. U won't have any problem

@qwerty
I had made a full install. Is it coz I am using Vista?

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
casanova said:
TC is a 16 bit proggy. When you run it from command, it is being handled more efficiently.
But still then it consumes 100% on my PC .

and anyways , Turbo C++ Does Not support Standard C++ , so it's useless anyways .

Why not use Visual C++ Express or GCC when they're much better ?

sandeepk

Journeyman
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
But still then it consumes 100% on my PC .

and anyways , Turbo C++ Does Not support Standard C++ , so it's useless anyways .

Why not use Visual C++ Express or GCC when they're much better ?
Yes I do use VC++ only. But my sister needs TC as in college they told you to use TC only. Also for exams it is the one that is available. When will these colleges learn that TC is really old to be any useful these days?:???:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Yes, academics spoil things. They ask to use TC which is lacking in features. :(

@zeeshan
Yes, it still uses lot of cpu. But it works atleast ;)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
navjotjsingh said:
Blame it on Old CBSE Course Too. They still teach old format C++.
Well actually there's an alternative to TC that will compile the old format code just fine under windows XP and into a 32 bit executable .

Here's how u can use Borland's FREE C++ Compiler along with the Relo IDE[i use it myself for school program testing ;) ] :

1. Get Borland's Free C++ Compiler Here
*dn.codegear.com/article/20633

2. Download the Free Relo IDE Here
*www.fifsoft.com/relo/

3. Now Install Borland's Compiler First n then Relo IDE , it will ask u for Compiler Path during setup n just provide the path where u installed Borland Compiler n that's it, u have yor Development Enivronment Set-up and ready to go :)

*farm2.static.flickr.com/1073/1111520417_76023e1cc7.jpg

Last edited:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
@ sandeepk,

have u ever tested DevC++ ??? It is far better than this! Bcoz it supports OLD as well as NEW (ISO) C++ :)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
shirish_nagar said:
@ sandeepk,

have u ever tested DevC++ ??? It is far better than this! Bcoz it supports OLD as well as NEW (ISO) C++ :)
But problem is tat it DOES NOT Support borland specific headers[ conio.h anyone ? ] which are taught in the ICSE n CBSE curriculum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom