Microsoft Windows Search for Windows Vista 4.0 Preview
Microsoft Windows Search for Windows Xp 4.0 Preview

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 4.1

PC-BSD 1.5.1
Based on FreeBSD 6-STABLE with an improved installer and new Network Manager

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron) - For Ubuntu Fanboys :D

SLAX 6.0.6 - Bootable CD containing the Linux operating system

openSUSE 11.0 Beta 1 - if it comes to final

MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 RC1 - Turns your PC in a very advanced Multi-Media Center / HTPC

RealPlayer for Windows 11.0.0.446

MediaCoder 0.6.1.4098

a-squared Free 3.5.0.11

Construct 0.94.3 - Easily create DirectX 9 games and applications

Google Earth for Windows 4.3.7191 Beta

Notepad++ 4.8.5

GermaniX Transcoder 5.0.0.733 Beta 4

Microsoft Forefront Code Name 'Stirling' Beta
Integrated security system with comprehensive, coordinated protection that makes security easier to manage and control

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool 1.40

Wireshark for Windows 1.00

A detailed printer review &
yes !Provide good quality dvd's only

Last edited:

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
Welcome back Guies!!!!!!!!!!*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif

Continue My Demand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyberLink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra
Company Of Heroes Demo
Review For Sony Playstation Portable Pleeeaaaassssseeeee!!!!!!!!
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/63.gif
Fast Track to Visual Studio
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif

To BE Continue
!!!!!!!!

mjacobin

Right off the assembly line
I still remember the december edition a lot off demo version of servers were included. Again i want same kind of pack but this time include 7 DVD. Lets have a lot of fast track on all programming language in soft copy and somethings on managemnt of IT department Articles and if you want divided it into different magazines like last time.

utsav

damn busy...
I only want all the dvds working and a bunch of symbian ,uiq and windows mobile apps.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you guys don't need to demand for that coz they will provide the UBUNTU 8.04 DVD anyway :D

threeonethree

Journeyman
please do not provide ubuntu 8.04 as it can be easily be delivered to your home for free! instead of that , provide lots and lots of good and free packages for ubuntu! all kinds of software! so people who dont have good internet speed can install them.. you can provide latest nvidia/ ati drivers.. gstreamer plugins , some programming tools like geany + some great free games like battle for wesnoth etc.. ( i played it and i love it .. one of my favourite games and i have played on every console + most of windows games)

*rangit.com/software/top-8-linux-games-of-2007/

REMEMBER: applications are very important.. so please DONT forget to provide PACKAGES!

personally i will shave my head if you manage to provide a complete ubuntu repo on the dvd.. i love my hair and i know you cant do that..

.. try to cover compiz fusion.. compare it with windows aero . give some easy to use guides on how to connect bsnl /airtel/ sify connection on linux.. bash every company other than BSNL/MTNL for not giving us usable broadband.. especially sify..

try to provide some other linux distros.. most probably linux mints latest version.. as it is based on ubuntu and has all the codecs etc pre installed it will be easy for indian users with no broadband to use it .. you can also provide latest versions of small distros like puppy, slax, dsl etc..

provide a FT on programming(c, c++ or whatever you want) .. you havent provided one yet..

Last edited:

Rockstar11

Technomancer
It happens b'coz the Disk jewel case is of poor quality. I always gets the disk displaced from its lock hold of the case for the mag. which I buy for my book stall.

So DIGIT Team, plz remove the case and provide simple round-type small plastic cases which can hold a single DVD, which also reduces the cost.

+1

j_h

Banned
please do not provide ubuntu 8.04 as it can be easily be delivered to your home for free! instead of that , provide lots and lots of good and free packages for ubuntu! all kinds of software! so people who dont have good internet speed can install them.. you can provide latest nvidia/ ati drivers.. gstreamer plugins , some programming tools like geany + some great free games like battle for wesnoth etc.. ( i played it and i love it .. one of my favourite games and i have played on every console + most of windows games)

*rangit.com/software/top-8-linux-games-of-2007/

REMEMBER: applications are very important.. so please DONT forget to provide PACKAGES!

personally i will shave my head if you manage to provide a complete ubuntu repo on the dvd.. i love my hair and i know you cant do that..

.. try to cover compiz fusion.. compare it with windows aero . give some easy to use guides on how to connect bsnl /airtel/ sify connection on linux.. bash every company other than BSNL/MTNL for not giving us usable broadband.. especially sify..

try to provide some other linux distros.. most probably linux mints latest version.. as it is based on ubuntu and has all the codecs etc pre installed it will be easy for indian users with no broadband to use it .. you can also provide latest versions of small distros like puppy, slax, dsl etc..

provide a FT on programming(c, c++ or whatever you want) .. you havent provided one yet..

i dont think they give out dvds for free. also it takes a more than a month to reach you. dont try to spoil it for the rest of us man.

threeonethree

Journeyman
i have a lot of experience with linux distros given by digit.. and ALL and i mean ALL of my experiences are negative.. i think it will be better if they provide us packages instead of the distro..

and whats the difference with the ubuntu dvd and ubuntu cd when you have all the packages installed?

also ubuntu 8.04 is currently buggy and if you order it , and by the time it reaches you next month the bugs will be less.. i dont want the old linux experience with digit ie outdated / non working distros with no drivers/ application software to install .. if people had that kind of bandwidth to install all drivers + updates + apps then they could have downloaded the distro too..

but if you really want to provide a good and big cutting edge distro with everything installed .. provide sabayon dvd

*www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=12963

wait till 3.5

screenshots
*www.sabayonlinux.org/mod/screenshots/

Distribution features:
This is a beta release.
Entropy Binary Package Managing infrastructure 0.12.24.13 (our pre-Release_Candidate binary package manager):
- Sabayon Linux Online Repository Browser now at 6500 packages per architecture
- Entropy Project Manifesto
- Entropy interface has been completely rewritten in an Object Oriented way allowing any frontend to be interfaced easily
- Improved Equo textual client reliability and speed [pre-RC release]
- Introduced Spritz, our Official Entropy Graphical Package Manager [BETA release], featuring Italian, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Catalan, English localizations
- Introduced the Official Entropy Updates Notification Applet [ALPHA release]
- Added a Package Masking interface (/etc/entropy/packages/*)
- Added a GLSA [Gentoo Linux Security Advisories] interface (accessible through "equo security": equo --help for more info)
- Added a Package Licenses interface (any non-free license is required to be read and accepted)
- Reduced repository database size by a good 90% keeping backward compatibility. Size dropped from 13,5 to 6,5Mb
- Around 900 bug fixed and 120 improvements since the previous distributed release (available Sabayon Linux 3.5 Loop1) [800 commits]
Sabayon Linux Installer updates:
- NOTE: a full packages selector will come in Sabayon Linux 3.5 Loop3
- Entropy interface rewritten to work with 0.12.x branch
- Removed pre-compiled isys module substituting it with our Python-only implementation (called freesys)
- Graphical Installer can NOW be easily used on small displays (starting from 640x480)
- Introduced the XFCE Install Method (Featuring XFCE 4.2.2 desktop)
- Introduced the EeePC/UMPC Install Method allowing you to install Sabayon Linux on a 4GB drive!
- Improved System Upgrades speed and reliability (tested 3.4F to 3.5 Loop2 and 3.5 Loop1 to 3.5 Loop2)
Linux Kernel 2.6.24.2 featuring:
- Extended wireless and laptop support
- Switched from ipw3945 to iwlwifi driver supporting every new Intel PCI-X wireless card
- Added ATL2 Network driver
- EeePC support (experimental)
- Ext4 filesystem support
- UnionFS support
- AUFS support
- Highly Experimental LogFS support (2.6.24-744 patch - *logfs.org)
X.Org 7.3 featuring
- NVIDIA: 169.12, 96.43.05 and 71.86.04 - automatic selection - 3D desktop fully supported
- AMD/ATI: 8.471.3 - 3D desktop fully supported
- Keyboard detection is now completely dynamic - Evdev based, any change should be made inside your Desktop Environment. Eventually xorg.conf will be next to be deprecated!
Enhanced Desktop featuring:
- Compiz 0.7.2
- Compiz Fusion 0.7.2 supporting GNOME, KDE, a lot of plugins already included
- Fusion Icon, to enable/disable 3D effects on the fly!
Gaming! Sauerbraten, Warsow, Dangerdeep, Nexuiz, Second Life! included as top-tier 3D games!
GeeXboX 1.1 to transform your PC into a full Media Center
K Desktop Environment 3.5.9 featuring KDE 4.0.2 games
Full KDE 4.0.2 available in our Entropy repository!
GNOME 2.20.1
XFCE 4.2.2
OpenOffice 2.3.1
Elisa Media Center 0.3.4 (fully working!)
SSH keys are now always randomly generated (fixing possible MITM attacks)
A lot of updated applications and bug fixes (all the ones reported have been solved)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom