Status
Not open for further replies.

jayantr7

In the zone
+1 ON FAST-TRACK ON WORDPRESS
#call of duty 5 :MW2 [trial]
#assassin's creed 2 [trial]
#sims3[trial]
Can DIGIT give a fast-track on blogging,photoshop cs5 or something gud???
#python programming language[latest version]
#fps creator demo

SPECIAL DEMAND :-
#AUTODESK MAYA 2011
#manga studio ex 5
#articles on --3d animation and about leading production companies of animation,some electronic projects.....etc..
:-|:cry::shock::|:oops::-o:sad::razz::arrow::idea::p:-(:smile::-x:?:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
DivX for Windows 8.0.1
Yahoo! Messenger 10.0.0.1270
Google Chrome 6.0.422.0 Beta
ioFTPD 7.5.6 Beta
Silverlight for Windows 4.0.50524.0 Final
Highlight 3.0 Beta
InstantTimeZone 3.0.4.1
System Spec 2.75
Undelete Plus 3.0.0.602
BackupHDDVD 1.0
MapKeyboard 1.0
Secure Data Organizer 2.1.133
Cain & Abel 4.9.35
RegexRenamer 1.2
Mp3 Ripper 6.0.8
Rising PC Doctor 6.0.1.74
MeGUI 0.3.3
Sandboxie 3.45.15 Beta

and all the unincluded demanded contents for june :p

will demand for more later

DigitCritic

Broken In
DivX for Windows 8.0.1
Yahoo! Messenger 10.0.0.1270
Google Chrome 6.0.422.0 Beta
ioFTPD 7.5.6 Beta
Silverlight for Windows 4.0.50524.0 Final
Highlight 3.0 Beta
InstantTimeZone 3.0.4.1
System Spec 2.75
Undelete Plus 3.0.0.602
BackupHDDVD 1.0
MapKeyboard 1.0
Secure Data Organizer 2.1.133
Cain & Abel 4.9.35
RegexRenamer 1.2
Mp3 Ripper 6.0.8
Rising PC Doctor 6.0.1.74
MeGUI 0.3.3
Sandboxie 3.45.15 Beta

and all the unincluded demanded contents for june :p

will demand for more later

Stop wasting space, money spent on dvds which finally gets included in the prize of magazine and charged from readers... .... it is too much now... I definitely think... we had more than fair share of TOPGEAR's list of softwares...

why the hell we need beta crap and then next time final release... ? why waste ? why not just include only final and stable releases of softwares and definitely after a good interval of 3-4 issues...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't get angry, ( be even ) with my list ( i'm just demanding as per rule :p ) as buyer of tech mag should not we taste beta apps ?!!

Even final release version contains bug which most of the times are fixed in the next beta release - think of the final release version of vista and the 4 GB ram issue :p

and it was said by you :p

Dont Worry Guys ! This is not going to continue for long... if it does DIGIT will definitely loose market share to other magazines... especially like chip or computer active...
Digit has become one of the most expensive computer & IT magazine over last 2 years.. if they continue... I am afraid alot of youngsters especially college and school students and even some young working guys will stop buying it... moreover they may loose other household readers who are interested in gadgets and buy it from time to time.

This is just another strategy to get more subscribers... Moreover there is nothing to complain about.
If you want to buy cheap , buy in bulk or in case of magazine subscribe.This is fair and square.
In this case Digit is also giving you an option to buy magazine from its website... without subscribing for year or more which is good. You are not bound to anything... just like newstand buyer.

As long as the magazine does not discriminate its readers in respect to giving,sharing information and knowledge... it is valid. This is pure marketing strategy guys... what are we expecting digit to be ??? A non-profit organization ???? Should we expect that ? Hell No !
so let us keep our perspective right and priorities right.If you think it is expensive to buy from newstand it is your call to buy or not, you can buy from digit directly or subscirbe.
If you wish to subscribe then along subscription comes some constraints. Again choice is yours.

We as readers have the right to say about the content and policies of digitas far as information,knowledge and intellectual stuff is concerned... but pricing and all , well that is not our right to decide... it is upto the management of digit to take a call.

so I've just demanded for the softwares I would like to have :p

Last edited:

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
fast track on adobd photoshop cs5 with advance features, pixlogic zbrush trial,fusion 6.0 trial,few famous and most demanded plugins for maya and photoshop, after effects(genasts,video co pilot, red gaint etc )nd premire . Tips and tricks on maya

DigitCritic

Broken In
don't get angry, ( be even ) with my list ( i'm just demanding as per rule :p ) as buyer of tech mag should not we taste beta apps ?!!

Even final release version contains bug which most of the times are fixed in the next beta release - think of the final release version of vista and the 4 GB ram issue :p

and it was said by you :p

so I've just demanded for the softwares I would like to have :p

I am not angry but annoyed about beta packages being shipped. The alpha beta packages are mainly distributed for testing, they are useful for the software testers,administrators, amc guys.

Just a while in another post of yours you said " I count this mag as a tech entertainer as well". Now tell me does an average buyer of such magazine fall under the above mentioned group ?

I also know that even matured softwares have bugs in them and that is why we have patches but the alpha/beta etc releases are more prone to bugs,crashes etc than final and stable releases.

Please keep mircrosoft out of this, they have a history of embarrassing themselves... who can forget the famous crash of windows OS at the launch:))

As a reader you can demand and as a reader I can also support/object the contents which digit is going to deliver to US.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
DigitCritic , Ive noticed this before and Ill say it again. Keep to the topic. If you want something then be free to mention it or ask for whatever you want. However keep far away from justifying the choice of others. Anyone is allowed to request for anything and are allowed to submit whatever feedback they wish, just as you are able to. If Person A wants beta software, black and white movies, polka dot sheep its their wish to request the same.

There is no kind of rule stating that each software requested must be made to the best interest of the whole community. So lets all just keep to the topic and ask whatever you would like to see in the DVD contents. Please note that I'm not posting the same in the other feedback thread but that doesn't mean that this pertains only to this thread.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
am not angry but annoyed about beta packages being shipped.

The icon you used on the post clearly showing that you were angry.

IThe alpha beta packages are mainly distributed for testing, they are useful for the software testers,administrators, amc guys.

Full version apps are not released always - some of them even takes 6 -12 months or even more - so if a mag includes only final release version of some app then it will be to much repetitive for many months.

Beta/Alpha versions of apps comes with many new features and bug fixes and it's always great to get our hands on those as these apps gives usa fair idea about the new features and by testing those apps we can also post feedbacks which really helps in fixing bug - that's why you can expect to get a stable final release as a end result.

So tech mag should include new beta releases instead of old full version so it's readers can test the new technologies available as the primary objective of any tech mag is to inform it's users about the latest happenings in tech world and let their customers test those as far as possible.

Just a while in another post of yours you said " I count this mag as a tech entertainer as well". Now tell me does an average buyer of such magazine fall under the above mentioned group ?

There are many types of customer for tech mag - even the average category customers like using latest beta apps as those contains new features.

I also know that even matured softwares have bugs in them and that is why we have patches but the alpha/beta etc releases are more prone to bugs,crashes etc than final and stable releases.

There are always chance to have bugs in any softwares and even a so called stable software can crash but as I've said earlier beta apps comes with a great potential.

Please keep mircrosoft out of this, they have a history of embarrassing themselves... who can forget the famous crash of windows OS at the launch:))
:p

As a reader you can demand and as a reader I can also support/object the contents which digit is going to deliver to US.

That what I always do ....

Last edited:

SGS_001

Broken In
Re: [By Demand] July 2010 - Comparison of All-in-One Desktops

Currently there are several all-in-one desktops available in the market and it will be good to have a showdown done & comparison published.

qams

Terminator 202
.NET framework 3.5 SP1
&
.NET framework 4

All Ubuntu (9.04 & 10.04) & Fedora Repositories

woohooguy

Right off the assembly line
Review of All-in-Ones (I know Lenovo B500 will win, but still :)

A new interface for the DVDs. If this is impossible, atleast make it widescreen.

DVD:

BackTrack Linux ---- 1570 MB
*www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/

.NET 4 ----- 50 MB
*www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Signatures-Updates/NET-Framework.shtml

Split/Second Demo (please, please, please) ----- 1010 MB
*www.gamershell.com/download_59236.shtml

Just Cause 2 Demo (please, please, please :) -----1000 MB
*www.gamershell.com/download_56674.shtml

If it comes down to either S/S or JC2, go with S/S. JC2 demo needs Steam, which IMO is a piece of crap.

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
complete review of New Dell Inspiron 14R & 15R Laptop with foll. config.
i3 or i5 core processor
512MB or 1GB ATI dedicated graphics card
3GB or more DDR3 Ram
320GB or more HD..

and also similar config other co. based lapptops
Please help me to buy the best. @40000.00 approx.
Best if within that.

Please do include them in July issue only as i will be buying another lappy in the last week of June......&

with a :grin::grin::grin:

hoppe that i will get my issue in time:grin::grin:...............................

Last edited:

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Backtrack Final Release.
Visual Studio 2010 ( not beta )
Fast Track to HTML5
More & More HD Trailers ( lol i keep repeating all so provide more )
Avast Antivirus Latest Updates or Installation.

is it possible Windows 7 Ultimate 64x ?
Replace 7zip with WinRAR in essentials.
+1 for Netbooks Reviews hmm. but also include those 15k ones.
i will post more later.

DigitCritic

Broken In
complete review of New Dell Inspiron 14R & 15R Laptop with foll. config.
i3 or i5 core processor
512MB or 1GB ATI dedicated graphics card
3GB or more DDR3 Ram
320GB or more HD..

and also similar config other co. based lapptops
Please help me to buy the best. @40000.00 approx.
Best if within that.

Please do include them in July issue only as i will be buying another lappy in the last week of June......&

with a :grin::grin::grin:

hoppe that i will get my issue in time:grin::grin:...............................

Wait for a while then if you want to buy dell laptops... the 14R and 15R series will soon be replaced by the new N series... this is the latest news ( kind of inside strictly )

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

@topgear

well, the choose the red angry emoticon as this looked more close to annoyed than any other for strangely I find disgusted emoticon given to be funny :O

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

I have been demanding this software since kind of ages.. wonder when Digit people will respond to this..
VMWARE SERVER 2.0 ( it is free , we just normally have to fill up a form thats it )

Since digit people are active these days .... I hope I will get some response.

BACKTRACK Distro ( If possible please add HOWTO manuals and videos on it).

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
Wait for a while then if you want to buy dell laptops... the 14R and 15R series will soon be replaced by the new N series... this is the latest news ( kind of inside strictly )

Thanks:p:p dude for updating me with a inside news but i came to know that 14R & 15R are recently new series & again they are going to be replaced by a new series ??????:?::?::?::?:

Is is so ,, really .....

Though very very thanks ,, and can you also tell when will it be launched bcoz i am keen to buy another one recently..................

btw hw you came to know that dude..............

Thanks once again :lol::p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom