Please include the following:
1)Nvidia latest driver
2)Norton System Works 2006 Trial
3)Morpheus P2P Software
4)Winamp Skins
5)Wallpapers

aditya_1988

Right off the assembly line
Wow! So soon, you guys are really fast. I appreciate that. :)

Anyways, about the inclusion; here's my list :-

1. Give a lot more space to Ubuntu software than the usual Linux section & include lots of them. We all really need that.

2. Lots of High Quality Wallpapers.

3. Some classic movies and trailers of movies from Bollywood also.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
What about a DVD full of UBUNTU Goodies coz the Free Ubuntu CD doesnt come with all required s/w so better to make a DVD full of those essential s/w including other s/w also, like development tools, multimedia toold, all plug-ins required to play MP3, Wav, etc. formats. :)

saketkutta

Broken In
well full free games
if skoar can give full games why cant u
they have given mafia free this time even wid no cd crack.
so give full games.
i am asking for max payne 1 and 2 both are pld than mafia

starscream

Broken In
VMWARE workstation 6.0
Flash 8
Firefox themes and plugins
Google desktop
Flash actionscript tutorials
Cartoon movies
Ubuntu alternate install cd (not live)
Avast virus pattern updates

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

I don't get it. If you can give IE7 and WMP why can't you give vista and office 2007? They both are free to download from the site for genuine windows, but the size is just too big.

Can someone explain? Or give the software on dvd?

Aditya

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Vishal Gupta said:
What about a DVD full of UBUNTU Goodies coz the Free Ubuntu CD doesnt come with all required s/w so better to make a DVD full of those essential s/w including other s/w also, like development tools, multimedia toold, all plug-ins required to play MP3, Wav, etc. formats. :)
same here

G

gxsaurav

give a collection of linux dependencies....it bugs the most when trying out linux anywhere

stuff like general applications, codec packs, drives for sound cards & graphics card, GTK runtimes etc

some linux themes would be nice, like the Ubuntu to OS X convertion guide

ummmn.....i want it could have the disk repairing and antivrus tools like fsecure and mcafee ..also partion tools , bios repairing tools, also i wish that it could have a better operating system in bootable format which this makes them from a better to best buy this month and also wish to aad a vista beta 2 image to their dvd collection /...............if this happenns it will rock.................................................................................................................and the final thing of my suggestion is that they should try to clean the antivirusses rumming from the boot ...like wininet.ddl is running from a secret trojan regperf.exe..............which cannot be detected and can't be found in the msconfig ..................and if found in your installer pro 2006 software .....it cannot be removed ..........................thank you...........it will be my pleasure to see my collection in that Dvd ......thx...............and .........*****B*E*S*T** O*F** L*U*C*K****

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

saketkutta said:
then buy a skoar yourself and check out (the one with BLACK written on it)
well they have even given half life 1

Hmm. I have finished playing Mafia. I stopped buying SKoar.

iDope

Right off the assembly line
Re: Action against government censorship of the Internet

How about doing an article on increasing government censorship of the Internet? Internet was the last place free of govt. mishandling in India largely due to their ignorance of it. Not any more :-( .

If a publication like Digit covers this it will be great for the cause as it affects everyone of us, even the ones who do not use the Internet. The goverment shouldn't think they can get away with anything.

Please refer to:

*in.rediff.com/news/2006/jul/17blog.htm
*groups.google.com/group/BloggersCollective/
*yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/07/17/1732209.shtml
*www.indianexpress.com/story/8719.html
*groups.google.com/group/BloggersCo...99e1f21a0c2/4a7aabaa9cb766c0#4a7aabaa9cb766c0

Webaroo
its offline tool to add ur favourite sites and then browse them easily
if ur packaging this one....add all packs...i already download this ;)
but others would be interested in this and its very gud freeware apps to work with !
Get the power to search and browse unplugged ~ anywhere, anytime, without a connection. Perfect for a laptop, PDA, or a Smartphone, Webaroo enables fast access to web content of your choice. You can select from a collection of topic-specific Web Packs or add favorite websites to your Webaroo library.
more info here
*www.webaroo.com/rooDownload.html
all packs
*www.webaroo.com/rooWebPacks.html

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
gary4gar said:
same here
I asked the same question before; Fatbeing said to just get VLC via synaptic

iDope said:
How about doing an article on increasing government censorship of the Internet? Internet was the last place free of govt. mishandling in India largely due to their ignorance of it. Not any more :-( .

If a publication like Digit covers this it will be great for the cause as it affects everyone of us, even the ones who do not use the Internet. The goverment shouldn't think they can get away with anything.

Please refer to:

*in.rediff.com/news/2006/jul/17blog.htm
*groups.google.com/group/BloggersCollective/
*yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/07/17/1732209.shtml
*www.indianexpress.com/story/8719.html
*groups.google.com/group/BloggersCo...99e1f21a0c2/4a7aabaa9cb766c0#4a7aabaa9cb766c0
great idea.....great to see people actuallyasking for articles also, instead of just software ^_^

If possible can the article be substantially exhaustive.....I wouldn't like just a two page thing on this....In fact, this should be the case for all articles; I'd rather know a lot about one thing, than a little about many things.

PS: You always tell us (rightly) not to pirate; so how come you print a fasttrack to photoshop (costing tens of thousands) instead of GIMP?

Also, please introduce a regular column for those who want to get started in programming; Not to teach the syntax of a language, but concepts behind it; You're our only hope, since no Indian books (that i am aware of) cover this well. In the same vein, how about something like a GOOD fast track to 3-D modelling, with the ("boring") maths parts included.

And one more (whew) thing: please include on your cd's all the tools (trial/full versions) relating to or mentioned in the accompanying fasttrack, ALL of them. BTW, i'm doing this on xubuntu, thanks to the April Fasttrack. ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom