[By Demand] Digit April 2006 DVD/CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Half life 2 Demo please ! I know its a bit old but still... I am thinking of buying this game but i want to play a demo first to see how it will run on my computer. Since its a big file, i can't download it from the net.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
baccilus said:
Half life 2 Demo please ! I know its a bit old but still... I am thinking of buying this game but i want to play a demo first to see how it will run on my computer. Since its a big file, i can't download it from the net.

We've given this ages ago, so sorry - you'll have to catch a friend who subscribes or something.

As far as recommending the game is concerned, it comes with our seal of approval five times over.

Check the Gamerz section on the forum..you'll be able to find out whether it'll run on your configuration or not from there.

Satissh S

Youngling
Well Nimish? Are you sure you gave it?? :roll:
Hmm.. I've been buying di9it ever since i 2k3 end.
There was even one Unusable!! section recently on steam problems and digit explained that that was the reason why you guys didn't give the demo of Hl2??

paul_007

Padawan
Well Nimish? Are you sure you gave it??
Hmm.. I've been buying di9it ever since i 2k3 end.
There was even one Unusable!! section recently on steam problems and digit explained that that was the reason why you guys didn't give the demo of Hl2??
hi Satissh S i think u r rite i am also buying DIGIT regularly since august 2003 , and i havnt found half life 2 demo that is why i have also requested 4 half life 2, pls TEAM DIGIT tell me the issue of magazine in which u have provided this demo , i will check the DVDs once again

hariharan

Journeyman
Digit Software archive

Hey !!.... what happened to the Digit Software Archive introduced a month back and I believe that it's lying lifeless after that. What's the paln about that .. Guys at Dgt r u listening??

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Re: Digit Software archive

hariharan said:
Hey !!.... what happened to the Digit Software Archive introduced a month back and I believe that it's lying lifeless after that. What's the paln about that .. Guys at Dgt r u listening??

It's coming back to life in the April issue...didn't have time to tweak it in time for March.

Krish_krish

Broken In
please
please
please
please Include
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3

*www.corel.co.uk/img/box/cgsx3_na_128.jpg
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
but what is the problem in providing

DIGIT FORUMS

they are legal inur dvd

the users will treat them as knowledge store for solving their problems

digit readers who live in remote areas & can'nt access inet frequently willbenefit from it

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
HL2, far cry, doom3, gta:sa nd gta:vc mods. Atleast include them this time.

@everyone- Digit had given hl2 demo in august or nov. nor dec issue. Can't remember and its info. besides it was "Best Game of the yea. Did we say more?" But my hl2(digit) dvd got corrupted so please include hl2 demo again.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
@chirag: It wasn't us who gave that demo.

@paul_007 & Satish S
I made a boo boo - we haven't give HL2. And there's a reason. Not only is it an 800MB (!) installer, all it installs is Steam. Once you've installed Steam, you need to download the rest of the HL2 demo from the net - a download that took 20 minutes on our 1 Mbps line. I'd hate to think of what it would do to a normal line. AND you need to be connected to the net to play it. It's just too annoying.

@everyone who's wondering about whether or not to buy it: I shall make your life easier: BUY IT NOW.

Satissh S

Youngling
@nimish:
hehe! i knew that! And your articles are really nice, continue the good work!!
My only suggestion however is to atleast give bimonthly articles on GNU\Linux. Your linux userbase is fast improving.

web_stalker

Right off the assembly line
Columbus document management system

-------------- Quote -----------------
Columbus (28 MB)
Columbus is a FREE document management tool that allows you to organise data the way you perceive it. You can gather project data under one heading even though it is spread across multiple servers around the globe, accessed by different methods (remote file systems, FTP) and is on multiple file systems including UNIX, NT and Novell. It can view over 300 file formats making it easier for all staff to find, view, edit, print and issue data regardless of where it resides. It is very rare to find this kind of software for free.
Licence: Freeware
Homepage: <*www.oasys-software.com/product/dm/columbus/>
--------------End Quote -----------------

When you see the file size and put the fact that I have only dial-up connection, you would understand my request for it to be included in the CD. Kindly look at the website and see if it is worth including in the CD

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
@nimish- It was not digit? Strange. I can clearly the interface of that month. Don't know. It must be given by chip. Sry for wrong info.

I want 3D Max 8 Trial
HL2, far cry, doom3, gta:sa nd gta:vc mods.
Some software called I-lip.

D

dfordigit

ADOBE AUDITION 2.0

DVD DL ON YOUR COMING ANNUAL ISSUE!

NERO 7

blackpearl

The Devil
I have some suggestion for the Digit Software Archive.

Instead of giving an archive that contains the list of softwares on the CD/DVD of only one issue, it will be better if the archive is spread over several issues like past 6 or maybe even 12. You see its useless to have a software archive for only a single issue. We need a search engine that is capable of searching through several issues and provide us information like which CD or DVD carried that particular software. Whenever I have to search for a particular software that I knew was given away by Digit sometime ago, I have to go through dozens of CDs and DVDs and often end up downloading from the net because I could not find it. I have got a limited broadband connection and cant afford to waste MBs. Also going through dozens of software archives of each issue will be as troublesome as going through dozens of CDs. I hope you understand. I cannot explain better than this.

I know cataloging the softwares of several issues will be tough, but I think Digit can do that for us. What do you say, Nimish? I m expecting some reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom