Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to buy Vista in 1-2 days but i have some confusions and questions.
1.Which edition to buy,Home Premium or Ultimate?I am a gamer,so please suggest accordingly.
2.32 bit or 64 bit(x86 or x64)?I know 64 bit has some compatibility issues but it gives better performance.32 bit on the other hand is widely compatible,with almost every app.
3.Cost of 64 and 32 bit OEM versions of Vista Ultimate and Home Premium.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
vista ultimate 64bit costs 12k i suppose.

i got one with my HP lappie... and had wanted to buy it. but now... i'll wait for the next windows release.

i also suggest go for XP now. and the next windows...

vista turned out to be something of a pre-release. many snags to be recitified.... performance is ok... in fact gaming i heard is better on XP if u have DX9. DX10...gamin is mayb on apr... only+ is DX10 if ur graphics card supports it and ur proccy can take the heat of action.

between 64bit & 32 bit.. i would prefer 64bit. dunno why... but i had fewer virus attack with the vista 64 bit... as compared to regular xp 32bit. mayb because most viruses r made for 32 bit oses.

however i can safely say that 64bit vista can run 32bit software due to a certain WOW64 emulator in vista; but not most 32 bit drivers though.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
12k...for an os with about 2 years life!!! u know how to spend, dude :D
i dont think ms allows upgrading.. u'll have to buy the new windows l8r anyway.

^^
I ran vista ultimate x64(pirated) and actually liked it,thats y i want to buy it.Will the 64 bit version be available at the computer shops?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I saw it in BigBazaar!!!!

I still say... wait..... 12k is huge a price for an experiment!!!!

Go for WinXP 64bit if u want... and spice it up with Vista goodies.. mentioned somewhere else in this forum by Vista "geniuses" like VishalG...

The performance will b better than Vista 4 sure....

ksundar

Broken In
In Chennai,Genuine 'Vista Ultimate' OEM is available for 8,950 including VAT (32bit)

Is there any difference between OEM & Full Kit??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Only difference between Ultimate and home premium is few extras but the price difference is huge.

Get the Home Premium 64-bit. That should be more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom