Buying query: Which microSD to choose?

Sarath

iDota
I want to buy a 16GB micro SD card for my phone since I find the 8GB sufficient but does not look so hopeful in the future.

Its been 4 months that I have been putting off this purchase but finally I have the resolve to buy it. Also I will root my phone in the coming weeks and doing so with a new mem card feels more ideal.

Firstly, I want to know which class of memory card to choose:
  • Class 4
  • Class 6
  • Class 10

Actually its been already discussed and concluded that a class 4 is sufficient but what if they are priced similarly. This leads to my second query. Which brand to choose? (found only these)
  • Sandisk (4)
  • Transcend (4,10)
  • Samsung (6)
  • Verbatim (10)

Here are the links, I have gathered:
C4: *www.theitbazaar.com/store/our-shop...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=508&category_id=76 or Flipkart.com: SanDisk Memory Card 16 GB MicroSDHC 16GB: Memory Card
C6: *www.theitbazaar.com/store/our-shop...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=621&category_id=76
C10: *www.theitbazaar.com/store/our-shop...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=624&category_id=76

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
I would say go the sandisk class 4 one.
Me and my room mate are using this card (16 Gb) and have found no problems with it so far. Its fast enough for Android. I havent benchmarked it, but i do get more than 4 Mb/s read/write speeds from it.

socrates

In the zone
Sandisk (4)
Transcend (4,10) seem to be a good choice. I have used these two brands & never had any complaints about them.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Umm I ordered the Verbatim class 10 card. I hope it is fine. I didn't get any response so went to xda and decided randomly to go for it.

Got it for 1200 bucks.

Thanks guys

power_8383

Eager to learn.
My Sandisk Class4 SDHC outplays Transcend Class10 SDHC. (I am not talking about MicroSDHC)

I have a question.
Which is more faster, a smartphone's internal memory or a MicroSD card ?

8/16gb Class 10 for a great price :

Flipkart.com: Transcend Memory Card 16 GB MicroSDHC 16GB Class 10: Memory Card

Flipkart.com: Transcend Memory Card 8 GB MicroSDHC 8GB Class 10: Memory Card

oval_man

Journeyman
Will this help?...................!

" The Speed Class Rating is the official unit of speed measurement for SD Cards, defined by the SD Association. The Class number represents a multiple of 8 Mbit/s (1 MB/s), the least sustained write speeds for a card in a fragmented state (Class 2, 4, 6) or the minimum non-fragmented sequential write speed (Class 10).[17]

These are the ratings of all currently available cards:[14][24]
Class Speed
SDHC Speed Class 2.svg Class 2 2 MB/s
SDHC Speed Class 4.svg Class 4 4 MB/s
SDHC Speed Class 6.svg Class 6 6 MB/s
SDHC Speed Class 10.svg Class 10 10 MB/s."

Source: Wikipedia

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Thanks bro already got this:

*www.theitbazaar.com/images11/Ver16gbCL10mic_files/ver16gclass10mic.jpg

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Definitely. I think we all should do benches for our cards. In case (gulp!) the class 10 card works the same as class 4 then... I would have just trolled myself :D

My Sandisk Class4 SDHC outplays Transcend Class10 SDHC. (I am not talking about MicroSDHC)

I have a question.
Which is more faster, a smartphone's internal memory or a MicroSD card ?

Can you use some tools to measure the card speeds. I suppose its SD tools or something. Just check xda.

As for your query, it is safe to assume that the internal memory is faster and I believe so too. But again that is my assumption rather than a hard fact.

Top Bottom