Buying Help on Ci7 3rd gen/8GB

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
Need Help on which Ci7 3rd gen/8GB laptop to buy

Hello guys, my laptop have got busted and I need to buy a piece by this week only. So, real urgent…

Here are the questioners and please see specifically the ‘Anything Else’ section.

What is your budget? Varies between 50K~65K INR, lower is better

1) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen.
Weight: max upto 3kgs (actually, ultrabook will not work on i7 or else highly expensive, so, weight I have to deal with it).

2) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
nope

3)What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Extensive multitasking on thread/kernel based work and cpu-hungry processes.
NO GAMING.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Thought of a FHD but not fitting the budget.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
A lot:
I really have think of for a core i7 3rd Gen 36** series or higher for the bigger cache size, 1600MHz and the 4 cores which I gonna need. Choosing 3rd gen over 2nd gen is just for to be future proof as HM66/HM77/etc. will have better compatibility in future.

I have thought of Asus K55VM-SX086D because of the low price and as I already have purchased OS (I have win 7 pro because of some IIS settings, no other lower version would work with my criteria).

Dell 15R SE is not an option for me IMO as the original OS needs to be replaced by my OS and also I don’t need a graphics card (The HD 4000 is more than enough for me). Also in Kolkata it is coming at a price tag of 60~63K (4gb/8gb after taxes, no discount can be availed) while Asus comes at 55K.

Also, I have thought of to put an SSD on the lap (whichever, I brought) if it has a secondary bay just to make my life smooth.

So, can you guys please suggest/inform me that whether any other lap comes to my budget and if Asus K55VM comes with a secondary bay?

I am open to buy any one if it seems to be justified and logical. Any and Every suggession is welcome as I am gonna use it for next 3~4yrs.

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Sony laptop but why did you bought WP7 already? you made a big mistake :-? you would have got it with this sony laptop :-?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
ok wait let me search for you, :) you can get ASUS's 3rd gen i7 this one, but you need a full hd screen?

OP
S

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
ok wait let me search for you, :) you can get ASUS's 3rd gen i7 this one, but you need a full hd screen?

I have mentioned about the Asus in my post, could you please read it fully?
I want FHD but not fitting in my budget as per now. Please read my post firstly.

Wait and let dell come up with XPS laptops with IVB processors.

Okay, but XPS will have more price tag, at least 10~15K more than inspirion, isn't it?

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
No laptop currently with 3rd gen i7 + Full HD.

This is the only laptop with Full HD screen in your budget as of now.

SVS15115FN : S Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

After bargain you can get it for 65.5k.

3rd gen i5 +IPS Full HD, 2kg weight and upto 9 hours battery life with additional sheet battery.

OP
S

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
^
No laptop currently with 3rd gen i7 + Full HD.

This is the only laptop with Full HD screen in your budget as of now.

SVS15115FN : S Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

After bargain you can get it for 65.5k.

3rd gen i5 +IPS Full HD, 2kg weight and upto 9 hours battery life with additional sheet battery.

This one seems have mentioned by Ron, but can't afford it right now.

OP
S

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
The one you mentioned (SVS15115FN : S Series), right? But it has a I5 proccy with 4GB of ram, don't you think it's overpriced for having only of FHD extra than others?

Sony India is down for maintenance!!! are they updating something, let's see...

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Just routine maintenance :)
It doesn't just have FHD. It has an IPS screen which you won't find in any other laptop below 1 lac. It weighs just 2kg yet has a 15.6 inch screen and is also very thin. Plus with sheet battery it offers upto 9 hours battery life.

Its more of a 15 inch ultraportable and ultraportables are always more expensive than mainstream laptops.

Top Bottom