Buying Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ashu888ashu888 said:
@ Ramakrishnan

Thanx a lot for ur reply :) it helped me alot thanx again. I wil be ckicling only pictures from my cam so video recording is not my priority as of now. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

Size of the picture file will depend not only on the Megapixel of the CCD, but also the quality/resolution at which you take the pictures. In short, if you want only post card or maxi sized photos, you wont need a very high capacity memory card. May be 128 MB will do.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ janitha

Thanx for the advice :)
Yup as i hv already seen wat resolutions the Canon Powershot A410 offers so i will hv no problem in setting the resolutions that it offers.

I will also take a pair of NiMH rechargeable batterries priced at Rs. 125/piece (as per jjmehta site and sold separately) and also the Camelion Standard charger (sold separately). :)

BTW, are the 2 AA Alkaline batterries (not NiMH batterries, as they are jus mentioned as 2 AA Alkaline) wich are supplied by the Canon Powershot A410 digicam, Rechargeable? (using the charger) :?

Cheers n e-peace.....

reddragon

In the zone
well , I have to gift my cousin a GOOD LOOKING DIGITAL CAMERA(so that everyone can say WOW just looking at it) so I am thinking of Sony cybershot DSC T7 ( the thinnest model) or Nikon S4 . my budget is sub 20k . so what u suggest ?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ashu888ashu888 said:
@ janitha

Thanx for the advice :)
Yup as i hv already seen wat resolutions the Canon Powershot A410 offers so i will hv no problem in setting the resolutions that it offers.

I will also take a pair of NiMH rechargeable batterries priced at Rs. 125/piece (as per jjmehta site and sold separately) and also the Camelion Standard charger (sold separately). :)

BTW, are the 2 AA Alkaline batterries (not NiMH batterries, as they are jus mentioned as 2 AA Alkaline) wich are supplied by the Canon Powershot A410 digicam, Rechargeable? (using the charger) :?

Cheers n e-peace.....

Never Ever try to charge an Alkaline battery, unless you are sure that it is rechargeable. Why not use it, dispose of it and use Ni-Mh with charger?

My experience with Camelion was not good. You may better buy some other well known brand.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ janitha

So u mean that NiMH )rechargeable) and Alkaline batterries, both are not safe! :? Or NiMH are safe (to be used again and again by recharging it with charger) ? :? Please clarify. Also wat is the other charger option other than a Camelion Charger suitable with the Canon Powershot A410 ?

@ reddragon

Yup u can see this for ur specifications: www.jjmehta.com/products/sony_t7.html and the price list also: www.jjmehta.com/pricelist/sony_handycam_pricing.htm

Cheers n e-peace.....

aadipa

Padawan
WoW.. DSC-H1 was not there on JJ Mehta's site till couple of days back, so I went to Vijay Sales and get it @ 25K with 3 years warranty.

Then went to JJ Mehta to take memory card and camera case, when I told them that this model is not listed on site.

Looks like they updated it promptly to include this model.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ashu888ashu888 said:
@ janitha

So u mean that NiMH )rechargeable) and Alkaline batterries, both are not safe! :? Or NiMH are safe (to be used again and again by recharging it with charger) ? :? Please clarify. Also wat is the other charger option other than a Camelion Charger suitable with the Canon Powershot A410 ?

@ reddragon

Yup u can see this for ur specifications: www.jjmehta.com/products/sony_t7.html and the price list also: www.jjmehta.com/pricelist/sony_handycam_pricing.htm

Cheers n e-peace.....

Ni-Mh batteries are rechargeable and supposed to last 1000 charge/discharge cycles while alakline, as far as I know, is meant for one time use only. And reg. Camelion, I meant their batteries. And there are many better known brands of Ni-Mh batteries.

And for charging Ni-Mh, use only chargers meant for them and not the ordinary ones meant for Ni-Cd batteries.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Prem Kumar (janitha)

Thanx alot Prem, well i got the point wat u wanted to tell me :) Now, according to ur personal flavour) wich are the better Ni MH batterries and also charger (brand/name) that i shud be lookin for (and buying also) other than Camelion brand (incl both, charger and battery). Please help me in this and i will be off to buy the digicam :)

Cheers n e-peace....

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ashu888ashu888 said:
@ Prem Kumar (janitha)

Thanx alot Prem, well i got the point wat u wanted to tell me :) Now, according to ur personal flavour) wich are the better Ni MH batterries and also charger (brand/name) that i shud be lookin for (and buying also) other than Camelion brand (incl both, charger and battery). Please help me in this and i will be off to buy the digicam :)

Cheers n e-peace....

You can get brands like Sony, Sanyo, Panasonic with same brands of chargers in blister packs. Today when I was shopping for a similar digicam for my office use, I happened to see such a pack of Sony with 4 AA sized Ni-Mh batteries and charger. It was priced well below Rs.900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom