Buying Digital camera - Budget Rs.15K~20K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I am planning to get a Digital camera to fulfill my passion.
My budget is around Rs.15K~20K.

It should have a good optical zoom, decent video recording capability, comfortable grip.Also include memory card in this price. I want a 4 GB one preferably. If it doesn't come in my budget then 2 GB as a last resort.

I don't mind if it's bulky. I am looking for sheer performance, I don't want chic looking camera or those pink coloured ones which girls love.

This camera will be used intensively for nature photography, festival photography, macros & normal shots of friends and parties.

gopz

In the zone
Make a choice between

1. Olympus SP570UZ (Rs. 19k)
2. Panasonic FZ18 (Rs.18k)
3. Nikon P80 (Rs.21k)
4. Canon S5 IS (Rs.18k)
5. Fujifilm S8100fd (Rs.15k)

The above are Bangalore prices with bill & warranty & 2GB memory card.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Go for DSC-W120 (sony)...Its nice and slim with 7.2 MP cam and retails at 11,999...Its results r really excellent...
Or U can go 4 Canon Poweshot A540

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I have W120. :) It's very small and slim and packs in good features. You can check out it's quality by the high resolution pics that I provided of the Digit Meet.

P.S.- I'm no pro at photography. I'm sure the camera is capable of much better shots than what I took.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Boss just have a look at Canon SX 100 IS - 8mp/10x zoom/2gb card free - in just 14k approx. go to canon.co.in
this digi cam is awsom, also u can see the 720 IS - I am using this one, and it's terrific.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
First I was going for A720 IS.
Then ditched it for SX 100 IS.

But now confused between SX 100 IS and S5 IS.

gopz

In the zone
First I was going for A720 IS.
Then ditched it for SX 100 IS.

But now confused between SX 100 IS and S5 IS.

Unless you want a Canon branded camera, you should look at the Nikon P80 and Lumix FZ18, they beat the Canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom