Buying book on hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARJOT SINGH

Broken In
Hey guys
I have been looking at the advertisement in the digit mag of the hacking book "the secret of hacking" giving digit subscribers 26% discount.
I wanted to know is it a good package. Has anyone of u guys tried it?
I m really interested in learning a little bit of hacking.
Please tell me alternative to the same.
Thanks in advance.

swatkat

Technomancer
From the looks of it, that book doesn't seem to be good. I feel it would be similar to Ankita Fadia's books. Check out these books instead:
*www.amazon.com/Hacking-Art-Exploitation-Jon-Erickson/dp/1593271441
*www.amazon.com/Reversing-Secrets-Engineering-Eldad-Eilam/dp/0764574817
*www.amazon.com/Windows®-Internals-Including-Windows-PRO-Developer/dp/0735625301 ("the" book for Windows)

p_dude

Broken In

Please tell me alternative to the same.

go out and explore on your own

there are millions of people across the world on irc and other sites doing some stupid sh1t everyday

books have their limitations

you cant consider your self a hacker just because you have read some technical book that expresses some guys point of view.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i personally would like to read more books on network and programming than hacking . in fact having through knowledge on network and programming will be more benificial .

Krow

Crowman
@OP Plz learn some nice programming languages like C or C++ and then move on to ASP .NET and Java. You will have learned enough programming to benefit yourselves and a lot of people if you can do some innovative programming on your own. AFAIK that ad had stuff like Gmail yahoo mail password hack. If you want that then please do not post here as that is not only illegal but also extremely dumb to try. Do something positive for our country as we have enough negative elements already. :)

p_dude

Broken In
learning programming is least of the problem you could be learning about stuff all by yourself for years and you would be going nowhere

if i had to explain my previous post

there are lot of people/community out there where you can join and learn faster than you could be doing by yourself

there is also difference is between just learning and pulling off something on the internet if you were in a group of people it would make your learning faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom