(Buying advice) Router 1k - 1.5k

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
And according to ur exp how much time wud it take to upgrade?? as i need to make sure mu UPS can handle it in case of a power cut

And atm it usually gets a bit hot even in half an hour.. this may be due to old firmware?

shreymittal

Being Human
And according to ur exp how much time wud it take to upgrade?? as i need to make sure mu UPS can handle it in case of a power cut

And atm it usually gets a bit hot even in half an hour.. this may be due to old firmware?

It mostly takes 2-3mins per upgrade

Which model u got??

shreymittal

Being Human
I too have that modem + router
And have upgraded its f/w.
Its get heat up like hell seriously. Upgrade f/w is a must

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
In the 192.168.1.1 page under firmware upgrade it is showing:

Current Firmware Version : 3.0.0 Build 120524 Rel.05221

so does that means i have v3 i.e. the latest and i dont need to upgrade it?

And if i need to what shud i choose in "New Romfile Location" and whats "romfile backup" ??

shreymittal

Being Human
Check this How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device? - Welcome to TP-LINK
*www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=136

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
romfile is your settings so if you want to backup your settings save romfile & then whenever you want to revert to your older settings after making some change or forgetting how you did it you can simply load the previously saved romfile.to upgrade firmware you must first know your model hardware revision no.(like v1,v2,v3 etc).after that under download software click on your model firmware revision.since you just bought this model i am assuming its V3 but still check it.if it is indeed V3 then you are already using latest firmware:TD-W8961ND_V3_120524

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
romfile is your settings so if you want to backup your settings save romfile & then whenever you want to revert to your older settings after making some change or forgetting how you did it you can simply load the previously saved romfile.to upgrade firmware you must first know your model hardware revision no.(like v1,v2,v3 etc).after that under download software click on your model firmware revision.since you just bought this model i am assuming its V3 but still check it.if it is indeed V3 then you are already using latest firmware:TD-W8961ND_V3_120524

Yea ver 3.0 is written below the modem so that means mine is on latest version and i dnt need to do anything.. right?

Top Bottom