Buying a Wi-fi router (with modem) for Home use

Hi Guys,

I am using Airtel broadband and using the same Wifi router that comes when we buy the connection. It seems to give problems these days. So thinking of buying a new one (with modem).

Did some R&D by reading reviews on flipkart and amazon but i am bit confused. Been some time since i kept track of what has been coming and going from the market in this segment. So thought of asking you folks who for sure are going to be much more informed than me.

My first confusion is about the brand. Which one out of D-Link, Netgear and TP-Link is better ? Product quality wise and service quality wise.

Search tells me that D Link DSL-2750 is one of the most popular ones. Is it good enough ? My budget is between 1500-2500 (or little plus minus). It has to be used in a 2 BHK house (not very big). And will be placed almost in the center.

What is the best in this range that i can get ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Amardeep Sidhu

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
TP-Link TD-W8968 N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Router (White) - Buy TP-Link TD-W8968 N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Router (White) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recommend tplink w8968 because it is cheaper & offers more features(EWAN port & 3g usb modem support for many models).

OP
A

amardeep.sidhu

Broken In
Thank you for the suggestions. This one is costing around 1500. If i want to spend little more like upto 2500 or so is there an even better option that i can pick ?

Otherwise will go with this one.

Thank you.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Thank you for the suggestions. This one is costing around 1500. If i want to spend little more like upto 2500 or so is there an even better option that i can pick ?

Otherwise will go with this one.

Thank you.
Go with the TP-Link as suggested in previous comments.
Very easy to set up(easy to configure) with multiple options for that model.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
If you have a modem already then
Buy Digisol HR3300/3400
Lifetime warranty
Consistent
Good quality Indian brand better than chinese crap.
Very good support.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you are implying tplink as chinese crap then you are completely wrong,it is one of the biggest manufacturer of wifi lan products in the world.i know people here who found tplink better than similar dlink model.

OP
A

amardeep.sidhu

Broken In
on which site it cost around Rs.1500, pls post.

on Paytm. But i just checked. The price has increased now. 2 days back it was selling for 1400 something.

- - - Updated - - -

My only worry while buying online is that there is no way to make sure that they are shipping the version 4 of the product. So confused whether to buy online or should try Nehru Place where i can take a look at the box.

surya_sapui

In the zone
if you are implying tplink as chinese crap then you are completely wrong,it is one of the biggest manufacturer of wifi lan products in the world.i know people here who found tplink better than similar dlink model.

what about TP-LINK Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router, can any one tell me review about it

TP-LINK Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router: Amazon.in: Electronics

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that is only a router,it will not work without a modem for internet connections given using telephone line(like airtel,bsnl,reliance).

Top Bottom