Buying 1Tb external HDD ~Rs4k

netizen3000

GAME ON !!!
Guys need help !!!!! .....My friend needs an external hard disk that is durable, long lasting and priced ~Rs4k
I have already looked up the prices for some in amazon and found
Western Digital Elements Portable 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB Portable External Hard Drive
amazon pricing is the opposite to flipkart pricing, Western Digital Elements Portable is priced less than Western Digital My Passport Ultra.
My concern is should i trust amazon pricing and proceed with Western Digital Elements Portable or is there a better option.
please suggest a good option

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go ahead and yes, you can trust Amazon's pricing. What more good is it's fulfilled by Amazon itself so tha gives another extra layer of assurance.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
Guys need help !!!!! .....My friend needs an external hard disk that is durable, long lasting and priced ~Rs4k
I have already looked up the prices for some in amazon and found
Western Digital Elements Portable 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB Portable External Hard Drive
amazon pricing is the opposite to flipkart pricing, Western Digital Elements Portable is priced less than Western Digital My Passport Ultra.
My concern is should i trust amazon pricing and proceed with Western Digital Elements Portable or is there a better option.
please suggest a good option

Many Users have voted for Passport and not Elements. Why is this so?
If I plan to run a program such as a Game by installing it in the external hard drive, then will this be possibel?
[I thought of posting a new thread for my querry: since this thread already existed, I posted here]

Many thanks.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
i know this is offtopic, but dint want to open a whole new thread for this little query. I have a WD passport which just after a year, on yesterday, crashed and therefore is now unreadable. Fortunately its still under warranty, what steps do I need to follow to possibly replace it?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
i know this is offtopic, but dint want to open a whole new thread for this little query. I have a WD passport which just after a year, on yesterday, crashed and therefore is now unreadable. Fortunately its still under warranty, what steps do I need to follow to possibly replace it?

Search for RMA on the WD site...
From what I have heard, it's pretty easy and straight-forward for WD... :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

have you registered your product on wd website? if no, register now with the serial number. then you can request an rma for the product you have registered. take a print out of the form(read everything carefully), pack the hdd well and wait till the courier guy calls you. if there is no call, you can contact wd toll free number and they will assist you further.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Well, i have done the registration now, the product is well under warranty, 559 days left to expire. But when i try to "create RMA" it does not show my registered product, when i try to add it again, it says "its an OEM product or is voided warranty" :(

Top Bottom