Buyin Bluetooth Dongle For Nokia Phone ? Read This First

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
After a long research , chattin with friends ( special thanx to Drgrudge) and readin hell lotta reviews n all , I finally bought Nokia 3230 . I am not tellin thats the best cell phone but I liked it very much and happy with that .

I never thought that I'll have to take care buyin BT dongle . I bought a BT dongle that cost Rs.850 . Thats IVT Corp - Bluesoleil one . Its workin fine but thats not compatable with Nokia PC Suite :(

I checked the site of the BT dongle guys and they r tellin their new driver support Nokia PC Suite but thats not available now . I tried some other drivers ( may b a foolish idea ) and nothing worked .

Anyone plannin to but Bluetooth dongle and plannin to use Nokia PC Suite , make sure the dongle is compatable .

Also , any other s/w like PC Suite ?

[ Edited by Din - Please see the solution suggested by Ricky and ghost24 ( win XP ) . I could solve it :) ]

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
well..

I can direct you to do all stuff step by step..

but first see this *forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=179871 !! and if still you get stuck then ask again !

ghost24

Right off the assembly line
this may sound stupid, but uninstall the drivers u got in the cd with the bluetooth dongle n use the windows xp drivers directly. then nokia pc suite will work fine, i did it that way n mine is working just fine.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
WOW Thanx a lot Ricky . That worked !!!! I never thought that it will lwork !

And ghost24 , I read it in some forums , I mean using the XP (SP2) drivers will help , but I am using Win 2000 , tried with its own drivers but that was not successful . Thankyou very much for suggesting . And icecoolz , thanx , OPM II is also nice but since I started usin Nokia PC Suite I liked it very much !

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
nope oxygen supports nokia phones. the oxygen symbian supports se p8xx and p9xx series. for SE the best software on this planet (as claimed by developers) is FMA...and believe me..it is the best!!!

well din, first of all the BT dongle is not of IVT make. its only that IVT provides drivers for it. secondly, check the exact make of ur BT dongle and if possible download the WIDCOMM drivers. the basic windows' drivers don't provide u full functionality.

mario_pant

In the zone
I have IVT dongle.... it works fine... when i do the serial port bluetooth service and i installed my PC suite with dev tools otherwise it just wont recognize my 6600....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom