Buyer's Beware: Cheater in Digit Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekampreet

Broken In
hi.. venkat.. the dd is a total fake.. see those nos. on the left extreme of the dd.. it shows the denomination on upto which it is payable.. you are total ignorant about the fact.. moreover the dd is punched at the 4 mark.. (and it has been also altered)

so you can definetely file a fraud case ipc sec.420 against the person.. you do have teh phone no and address as well.. so proceed with the action..

Yeah dont waste time and lodge the complaint.
Will clear out water from the milk.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Thats not any excuse. Foolishness is foolishness whether it is done by a literate person or illiterate person. Banks have help and assistance counters where people may seek help on how to fill cash deposit form.

Of course it's a foolish thing to send cash. No argument about that. But everyone, including me, does foolish things at times because we don't know the proper thing to do. You and I know how to deal with banks; and if there's some detail we don't know, we know where to ask. But for some people who have never dealt with a bank, they may not know where to begin - where, how and WHAT to ask.

How many times do we hear of someone who has done something foolish with his computer because of a minor problem? That person could have easily solved the problem if he had asked a question in a forum or a newsgroup. But he may have no experience with a forum and the process of registering and posting a question may be intimidating to him. He may not even be aware that you can ask for help in a forum. He may not even know what a forum is.

The point is that nobody knows everything, and while pointing out what someone did wrong out of ignorance, we should not be too harsh in judging them.

Last edited:
yes.. they should take the complaint on the ground that the contract was committed on the intention of fraud.
so get a written letter from the bank and lodge the complaint with your police station..

(The DD is photoshopped.. there are a lot of blemishes all over the photo.. i dont understand how you missed the fact)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
and i have been picking up his calls on all days exept when Mr. Venkat called on holi( a festival in north India)...or when i was on roaming in gurgaon...

I also told him to not cheat me. He told me that he will not cheat me and he will go to the bank next day (since
that day was holi
)and cancel the d.d and send my money.

buyer claiming that he answered call everyday other than on Holi but seller claiming that he spoke with buyer on Holi.
now thats strange aint it??????

also some1 was judging Adit saying that most of his posts were in FS threads.
so wat mate?
so were mine in another forum.1st post was a FS thread (in [E]).no 1 made any such comments there and i never shipped a stuff without receiving cash.never judge any1 based on that basis.

@ Adit mate ur claiming that u've couriered the money rt?wat did ya declare the package contents to be at the courier office?
also did they seal the package with ur signed stickers in front of u?

utsav

damn busy...
Now no use of wasting time. Lodge a complaint. The police will find out easily who is the cheater actually.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
It is illegal (amounts to hawala) to courier money and no courier company will accept it knowingly. Everybody has to give a declaration in writing about the contents of package. So how come this person claims he sent cash by courier? Secondly why venkat didn't give all the facts in the first instance? Why don't somebody staying in Delhi get in touch with this person and get details from him? If he is so honest, he will definitely help. I feel there is something wrong somewhere.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hey Venkat.It doesn't take a pro to verify that the DD is photoshoped image.
The name and amount font is totally different.
OK one thing is clear.The fraud is perpetrated by Adit Jain.

Adit if you are reading this, you know very well, and since I AM A LAWYER as WELL, I can see RIGHT THROUGH THIS CASE , that you have committed FRAUD.

@ADIT JAIN
I REQUEST YOU TO HUMBLY RETURN THE MONEY BACK TO VENKAT OR I PROMISE I WILL DO WHATEVER IN MY POWER TO GET BACK THE MONEY FOR HIM.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
a threat from a lawyer.now Adit better be aware son and return the money if u've really committed a fraud.
but something just doesnt feel rt in this case.
daal mein kuch to kala hai.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
@venkat now after sending ur stuff u went to the bank and confirmed that the branch from which the DD was supposed to be issued doesnt exist.now dont tell me that ur such a noob that u didnt think bout it b4 sending the material??????

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
@ Venkat
Just do this and i know for reason why ADIT JAIN will lose the case .

1) S.65-A and S.65-B of Indian Information Technology Act, 2000 and amendments to Indian Evidence Act 2000 ,makes provision for Email (electronic evidence)as admissible evidence.

So save all your transactions with Adit Jain and take its printout. Remember to save all email ,especially where it has been proven that you send the ipod. ( If you are not able to show then you can use this forum baazar section or whatever relevant statements he gave here)

There after the onus lies on Adit Jain to prove that he gave the money.
Simply stating that he send the cash via courier is not going to help him as it is illegeal and not taken as transaction haven taken place. He needs Bank or other provable transactions.
Moreever press him for the real DD details if he insists that the DD image you uploaded is not the one he uploaded.
Since DD was not made it cannot be reflected in any of the concerned Bank Branch.

Just one more thing besides the FIR. Make sure there is some Police Diary entry on form 22.48 as in Annexure 2 or ask someone for the help there at the station.

I think you are set there. Let me know the details as it progresses.I will def give visit to Adit Jain.

OFFTOPIC// Hey i happen to be a lawyer but i dont practice. I am mostly into Building construction and Architecture.

Coool

I'm Back!:D
If you want money then, Lodge a complaint!! Don't waste the time....Give him a last chance if he did'nt listen then, do the rest!

Last edited:
OP
venkat_chitra

venkat_chitra

SE Freak!
My sincere thanks to freshseasons and all people who are all replying to this thread.
After all conversations made here, I received a call from Adit Jain today evening at 6:58PM.
He told that he will return the iPod to me. And at that time I asked him that "Did I asked you to send the money (cash) through courier?" He didn't answered my question but he repeated that he will send the iPod to me. I agreed to it. He told that he will send the iPod on Saturday.

Now I'm fearing that he may again send an empty box and claims that he had send the iPod back to me. Will he send the iPod to me? I don't the answers.
Once again, I'm thankful to freshseasons and all the members. I don't know how to repay you. But if one such day arise, I'll definitely repay.
I'll post after I received the iPod.
Thanks a million.
Posted again:
My sincere thanks to freshseasons and all people who are all replying to this thread.
After all conversations made here, I received a call from Adit Jain today evening at 6:58PM.
He told that he will return the iPod to me. And at that time I asked him that "Did I asked you to send the money (cash) through courier?" He didn't answered my question but he repeated that he will send the iPod to me. I agreed to it. He told that he will send the iPod on Saturday.

Now I'm fearing that he may again send an empty box and claims that he had send the iPod back to me. Will he send the iPod to me? I don't the answers.
Once again, I'm thankful to freshseasons and all the members. I don't know how to repay you. But if one such day arise, I'll definitely repay.
I'll post after I received the iPod.
Thanks a million.

Last edited:
OP
venkat_chitra

venkat_chitra

SE Freak!
@Coool:
No, he didn't say anything: All I was heard is: "YOU'LL GET YOUR IPOD BACK".
At that time I asked that Did I asked you send the cash through courier. But he didn't answered me. He repeated the sentence. So, I asked that when will he return the product.
He told that he will send it on Saturday and then the call was cut.

@Hellgate: I didn't checked the d.d since I believed Adit. After I received the empty sheet and made many calls, I posted this thread and then today only I went to the police station and then went to the bank. I didn't handled demand drafts much. All I'm doing with my bank account was depositing cash and withdrawing cash. That's why I can't identify that the d.d. was fake. Please believe me. I'm not cheating.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Listen Venkat. Ask him to declare the Goods in the courier he sends.And not just electronic item,but specifically that its an ipod.May be it will cost you 200 to 300 Rs extra as an octori charge.Still what the hell are few buck for getting your own ipod back.
And when it arrives immediately open and check.If the ipod is not there refuse to accept the courier.This way the matter is not your but his and courier companies.And dont rest till you get your ipod back.

@ Venkat. We are only doing this as a duty and dont want the name of this forum to be spoilt.You see we have been so long associated wtih this forum that we think somewhere its our moral responsibility.However thank us only after you get the ipod back.Till then dont rest nor are we.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
ye thinkdigit hai ya janta ki adalat... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom