Buy the HD 7750 or Wait for "Sea Islands" Hd 8750????

KiLL

Broken In
I want to buy a new GPU fr my system......
My budget is around 8k max....
I was planning to get Hd 7750 now but i read somewhere that nxt gen Sea Island will release in jan/feb of 2013...
What shld i do????

MY SPECS--
i3 540
4gb ddr3
500gb
1024x768
Corsair VS450

Nerevarine

Incarnate
do not wait, go for it.. may i advice you HD 7770 (Gigabyte or MSI) , you can get for 7.9K or 8.0K respectively from SMCInternational.in .. MSI was available for 8.2K on flipkart (now out of stock)
Dont buy the stock MSI one, buy the OC one.. if its not available, go for gigabyte
When HD 8750 would be introduced, mark my words.. they would cost more than 8k.. so why wait to wait some more ? go for it bud
happy gaming ;)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yep.. go for 7770 true bang for buck at 8k. the 8xxx series will cost more on launch.

dont spend extra for oc models. buy base versions and oc them yourself. the cooling solutions on base models are more than enough for mild oc.

doomgiver

Warframe
wtf? 7xxx series have just (comparatively) been released, 8xxx series are a long way off.

unless you plan to wait for 7-9 months, get the 7770 (remember, 7xxx series launched in jan this year, it took 6 months to get to india)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
IMO, don't wait.. If you began to wait, then that wait would become a never ending wait. :p
I home you can understand what I mean.

OP
KiLL

KiLL

Broken In
The fact is that, my cabinet is too small for 7770.. So shld i get 7750 now..???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
8-series won't appear before Q1 2013 and it is just 8-series. Individual GPU launch may take even more time.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Re: Buy the HD 7750 or Wait for "Sea Islands" Hd 8750????

Cards won't be getting smaller for sure. Get a new good chassis.

true.. i am sure someday we will have a card comparable in size to the mobo. :p

look at the HD7990. Double 7970, triple slot. gawd..

*www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_7990_Devil_13/

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
8-series won't appear before Q1 2013 and it is just 8-series. Individual GPU launch may take even more time.

Probably not before Q2 2013, as per latest leaks.

@OP: what's your budget?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
a new cabinet (even an elcheapo zebby) costs rs 400.. u want to 15 % sacrifice graphics quality for rs 400 .. not a good idea ;)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
a new cabinet (even an elcheapo zebby) costs rs 400.. u want to 15 % sacrifice graphics quality for rs 400 .. not a good idea ;)

cabinets are one time buys for most of us, and if you have a cheap cabinet, its better to upgrade to a better one. if you cannot upgrade, then atleast get the exact measurement and flame-cut the cabby at any car garage.

elcheapo cabinets are a pain in the ass. dont get them. the cable management is horrible, as is the airflow.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
wtf? 7xxx series have just (comparatively) been released, 8xxx series are a long way off.

unless you plan to wait for 7-9 months, get the 7770 (remember, 7xxx series launched in jan this year, it took 6 months to get to india)

this is & will be always the case with india so don't wait grab a 7770

OP
KiLL

KiLL

Broken In
helloo..

foxin, TECHNOLOGY REDEFINED
This is my cabinet...will 7770 fit in it????

doomgiver

Warframe
is your mobo micro atx, or full atx?

looking at your cabinet, i say the floppy drive bay or top portion of hdd bay will be blocking the gpu.

as i said, CUT IT OFF!!! rip it off with your bare hands for ++MANLINESS++ points. srsly. chicks love that sort of stuff.

no, seriously. who uses dloppy frives anymore? remove those bays. they will be of thin metal in your case. use tin snips (thick metal cutters in shape of scissors) to cut them off.

if you need help, i'll be here. but do post a SIDE shot of your mobo inside your cabinet.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
helloo..

foxin, TECHNOLOGY REDEFINED
This is my cabinet...will 7770 fit in it????

Should have posted that pic first and then inquired about the gpu.
I seriously cant make out the dimensions inside the cabinet. Not much info in the site also.

@OP: You can take the measurements in the cabinet yourself.
Compare it with the dimensions for your 7770 model.

OP
KiLL

KiLL

Broken In
Here are the pics of my Chassis--
<sorry fr low quality>
2012-12-04 11.27.15.jpg2012-12-04 11.27.25.jpg

Here i am using the Foxin provided SMPS as i hav lend VS450 to my bro for few dayss......:-o

Will 7770 fit in it?????:|:?::?:

Top Bottom