Burning a 800 MB CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

smshinde

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
I am new to this forum.
Recently I have purchased 800 MB CD's. I have LG CD Writer.
I was not able to burn a 800 MB CD using Nero 6.3.
I experimented with most of the options but the last limit of MB that I can write is 703 MB.
I also tried the latest patches from Nero.
Do anybody know how to burn the same?
Any other free software available for the same?

rajas700

Youngling
Try it.

An 800 MB (90 minute) disc is a nonstandard length. Any disc over 700 MB (80 minutes) must use Nero overburn settings to allow it to be burned. Use the following settings:

1. Don't use the Nero Wizard. It will not allow overburning as it defaults to Track-At-Once. If it is active, close it.

2. Multisession | No Multisession must be checked

3. ISO | Check Mode 1 and Joliet

4. Burn | Check Write and Finalize CD (No further writing possible). Write method must be Disk-At-Once.

5. In the main menu, File | Preferences | Expert Settings check "Enable overburn disk-at-once burning". If you are using a 800 MB data disc, you can set the Maximum CD length to 90 minutes 0 seconds 0 frm. Hit Apply, then OK. If you are using a 650 or 700 MB data disc, use the overburn capacity test in Nero CD Speed to estimate the maximum overburn capacity.

6. The Red and Yellow marker settings in File | Preferences | General Settings have no effect on burning or overburning. They are there just as a visual aid.

These settings should allow you to attempt an overburn if your recorder and the media support it.

Try it .

OP
S

smshinde

Thanks for a quick response!I have not experimented on it ,but I will post the results on this thread.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Mr.smshinde

just use da search option

i have seen in this forum of how to burn a 800 MB cd

for i learnt it from here

a detailed version & how to do it with all burning softwares

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
See here for overburning your 90 minute cd by our own digit forum member JAK

Link:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5346&highlight=

ishaan

Padawan
i heard somewhere if u overburn a cd, it becomes less reliable and too much overburning also screws up the writer. is dis tru ?

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
The overburning capacity of 700 mb cd's depend upon the brand.. Some support upto 733mb. This can be tested using nero cd speed....

akshayjaipur

I have download a zip file from a website containing Long horn os the file size is

2164.39 KB but when i extracted i was amazed to see the longhorn.iso file has a file size 733MB..So plz explain me.......(akshay_from_jaipur@yahoo.com)

Here is the file

*www.esnips.com/doc/2799928f-1...l_Longhorn.zip

Hereis the another link

*www.4shared.com/file/19077029/6cd5f9b7/Microsoft_Windows_Vista.html?cau2=401w

Plz Explain Me about the setting of compression like these

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
ishaan said:
i heard somewhere if u overburn a cd, it becomes less reliable and too much overburning also screws up the writer. is dis tru ?

Yeah there is always a risk of damaging the writer.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ i lost my Samsung CD writer by always burning a 800 MB disc in overburn mode. so i've stopped it and opted for DVD long ago.

@ akshay, please post a thread. you can post a thread by choosing the rite section and you can find a POST NEW THREAD button at left side on top of all the threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom