Votes: 17 81.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Sonic Solutions, which owns the Roxio brand of products, has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against German software manufacturer Nero AG and its American affiliate Nero Inc.

The complaint has been filed in the US district court in Marshall, Texas and covers one of Sonic's video editing patents.

Sonic alleges that Nero has broken US Patent 6,204,840, which dates back to 1998 and relates to techniques for "digital multimedia composition".

Among other applications the patent covers improved ways to create digital videos using a graphical 'storyline' to sequence individual video segments.

Courtesy: vnunet.com

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Most ppl use Nero OEM coz it comes bundled with the hardware, ppl buy Nero full too coz most had tried the OEM and got habitual to it.

busyanuj

In the zone
anybody who's owned a cd or dvd writer and has used Roxio and Nero knows that Nero fares far better than Roxio. Nero is much easier to use and learn even for a newbie. These days Roxio comes bundled with most of the laptops, but most of my friends have already shifted to Nero after trying their hands at Roxio.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Indyan said:
In that case Windows Movie maker also violates the patent, isnt it?
Anyway, software patents suck. They should be abolished.

I think here the basis is not just a 'story line' concept, but the way it is built. Might be involving programming sequence for acheiving that story line.
In this case, both Nero and Sonic being competators, it is obvious that Sonic will target Nero for what ever issues it might be.

Vyasram

The pWnster
yeah, software patents should be abolished , because there is a very good chance that an individual or company wud have created it all by himself without copying it from the patent holders especially if they dont have the source

patents suck

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Roxio Easy Media Creator is much better than Nero. The interface is cleaner and it is less taxing on system resources. Even digit recommended it in one issue.

kl_ravi

Journeyman
I used to use Roxio's Father >>> Adaptec Easy CD Creator !!! Which came bundled along with my CD writer... Once Roxio was born, I switched over to Nero... I still miss Adaptec's days.

I am happy thereafter ...

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
aryayush said:
Roxio Easy Media Creator is much better than Nero. The interface is cleaner and it is less taxing on system resources. Even digit recommended it in one issue.

please try the latest 9.0 suite

the #%$#$# software does not do job and always keeps nagging about some damn thing not being present. moreover, it takes about 40 minutes.

Nero Zindabad:-D :-D :-D :mrgreen:

G

gxsaurav

onic alleges that Nero has broken US Patent 6,204,840, which dates back to 1998 and relates to techniques for "digital multimedia composition".

Among other applications the patent covers improved ways to create digital videos using a graphical 'storyline' to sequence individual video segments.

Wait wait, then why nero? Adobe, AVID, Apple, Ulead, Microsoft & Sony does the same with their video editing suite. They all follow the same method

Although i use nero, but i have to say, if u buy nero legal full version it's a steal, U get so much for so less price. Roxio Easy media creator is bloatware, well although so is nero, but it wins in interface & speed

U all should look at other alternatives too such as Ashampoo CD bruning app & CDburner XP pro, they are also quite good for burning CD/DVD, & not all of us all the time make Movie or Audio CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom