buring movie dvds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

manmay

Journeyman
can anyone please suggest me a software for burning 3-4-5 movies on a single dvd-r (4.7 gb) media....(like those dvds commonly available in the market)

TIA

manmay

OP
M

manmay

Journeyman
@nil_3... i think dvd shrink is used for the purpose of converting the dual layer movie dvds(9.4 gigs) into single layer dvd(4.7 gigs).
generally original movie dvds come in dl-dvds
for eg i have a original movie dvd and i want to make a replica of it. so using this sftwre. i can make a 4.7 gb dvd movie.

smeone pl correct me if m rong and enlighten us on this topic.

tia
manmay

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
yes.dvd-shrink does compress dl-dvd movies to fit into single layer dvd's by compressing them,but keep in mind that compressing a movie will always lead to a loss in quality.In order to acheive the highest quality,make sure u remove all the unwanted audio streams and subtitles,so that more space can be allocated for the video file.

btw,Nil_3 is also right bcoz using DVD Shrink's re-author mode u can select various DVD movie files to add to the disc,and the software will automatically adjust the bitrates of the files so that they fit in the disc.

geekysage

Journeyman
Have a look at this...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34372

Rip the DVDs to XVid/DivX if you wanna put 3-4 movies on a single DVD.

nil_3

In the zone
@ geekysage
whether converting movie DVD to divX will retain the subtitle, initial menu and 5.1 channel audio?

@ manmay
Nero recode can also do the same. It has added facility of saving in MPEG 4 format. Nero Recode comes with Nero 6/7 premium edition.

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
when u rip the DVDs... to convert by any means to DVD again... then just decrease the resolution of the video... so that... 4-5 mov are fitted into one.... You can also make one mov of high quality and the others mediocre!!

OP
M

manmay

Journeyman
@geekysage wrote
Rip the DVDs to XVid/DivX if you wanna put 3-4 movies on a single DVD.

but sir i want to play these dvds on a regular dvd player.
not on a divx player.:!:

1 more thing comes to my mind.
in those new divx dvd players what is the format of burniong the dvd. is there any sftwre for burning divx dvds playable on such players.....

or we can just write the divx movies in data mode, cause i dont think nero provides such a facility not even nero 7. ....

geekysage

Journeyman
manmay, a DVD/DivX player will definitely play DivX encoded movies, after all DivX is a data codec like mp3. You put any mp3 songs CD on your CD player and it plays. So the answer is yes, you burn the DivX files on a DVD in data mode.

If you don't have a DVD player that plays DivX, you are actually helpless but you may wanna check out ratDVD (google). drgrudge suggested it to me earlier today, maybe it does what you are looking for.

OP
M

manmay

Journeyman
if that is so then can we not just put the *.dat file ona cd in data mode and put it in a cd player it should play right???
no we need to bnurn the movie cd (playable ona cd player) in a particular format....
like the folders, the name should be avseq.dat
and the video files should be in the folder mpegav right....
the same way it is posible that we need to write the divx video cds(playable in divx player) ina particular manner.

ofcourse it may be possible that what u say may be right.....but still r u sure.....i mean have u tried....

geekysage

Journeyman
I smell contempt from your reply. Bro, please don't be using sarcasm with me, alrite?

I know that we need to burn video cds in a particular way and the same goes for an audio cd or a DVD movie. But like i said, you can just drop mp3 files on a cd and it'll play on any mp3 compatible cd player. The same is true with DivX files on any DivX compatible DVD player. Notice the difference, i am relating mp3 to DivX - both computer encoding formats while you are thinking about video CD/DVDs, a format that was specifically made for consumer CD/DVD players.

To be specific, yes, one can just put DivX/XVid/mpeg4 avi files on a DVD and a DivX/XVid/mpeg4 compatible DVD player should be able to play it without any hiccups. One doesn't have to follow a specific burning/file/folder naming format. Hope that clears it up for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom