Bumpy ride for ma playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

clifford

Broken In
Hi guys,

I will get straight to the prob.

My younger brother installed Doom3 (original n not pirated)... As i had no graphic card on my system it was lagging a little bit .....So i went ahead and uninstalled it again... But later on due to some kind of graphic acceleration problem my system started to crash....when the system used to crash the option that lets me send the error to Microsoft....

So i thought it would be a good idea to send 1..so i clicked send report it replied that there was a problem with my graphic acceleration ... But the funny part is my Pc used to work perfectly in safe mode..... now when i playback any type of movies and in any kind of media player the movie or video displayed lags a bit in full screen mode... But if i play the movie in a smaller screen size it works ok..the lagging is not noticeable..I have tried playing it with different players

like the Media player bundled with windows XP, classic media player and VLC... problem still prevels

How should i go about this problem.....

Please someone help me out with this...

Boy I missing all the good movie collection I have... LOL :))

thanking in advance

clifford............

OP
C

clifford

Broken In
Hey....well i will be upgrading....but i am not much into gaming..my brother who installed the game...anyway i will soon have a graphic card...any suggestion "Thetopcyborg"...... hey just found the report details that i sent to microsoft when my system crashed and i started getting the problem

the report

Follow these steps to solve the problem with a video device driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Solution

There are two options you can use to try to fix the problem. If the first option doesn't work, then try the second.

Option 1: Install the most current device driver for your video card

* Go to the Microsoft Update website to see if there are any updated drivers for your video card. If there are any drivers listed, you should install them.
* If there are no updated drivers listed at Microsoft Update, and you know the manufacturer of the video card, contact the card manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
* If there are no updated drivers at Microsoft Update, you don't know the name of the manufacturer of the video card, and you need more help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.

Option 2: Manually decrease Hardware Acceleration for your video adapter

This procedure prevents the display device driver from programming the hardware incorrectly, but you might lose some display functionality and performance. Although you can increase the hardware acceleration settings to regain functionality and performance, these settings increase the chance that the issue will occur again. For maximum stability, leave hardware acceleration turned off.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
2. Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
3. Click the Troubleshoot tab, move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None, and then clear the Enable Write Combing check box.
4. Click OK, and then click OK.

Note: This procedure prevents the display driver from programming the hardware incorrectly, but you may lose some display functionality and performance.

how this will let u help solve my prob....

clifford

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
i dont think reducing the graphics acceleration will help much in your case...
maybe it wud help reducing the system crashes but wud also reduce the visual performance.

isn't re-installing the drivers helping???

well, you cud get a low cost entry level card for about 5k...like the geforce 7300gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom