bulldozer x8 or i7 or i5

maddy

Journeyman
hi guys
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: multimedia pc, virtual pcs - pratice , hd movies, small games mostly like mmorgp,cs, gta4 if possible

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:25,000 - 30,000 rupees and i can extend budget more 5000 in it

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes if possible

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: i own 2 500gb sata

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:eek:wn full hd monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: i have hdd monitor keyboard mouse and other stuff onie focusing on motherboard ram cpu no gfx for now

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next week , feb/march 2012

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes i have build many pcs before amd and intel

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai, i buy stuff from lamington

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

I own amd system x2 2.8ghz bought it 4 years ago with sli board and all
now system is dieing as ddr2 outdated already plus i am having restarting or freezing problems in between so decided to buy new system

I am confused with i5 2500k or bulldozer x8 8150
i use pc for virtual servers small gaming and movies and other stuff
reason i am not going for amd phenom or x4 x6 is i want to make pc which i can use for next 3-4 years

so please help me in build now days bulldozer performing little better with new patch still i5 2500k or i7 2600k overclocked is best choice but bulldozers better in multi-thread so help plus help with motherboards too :mrgreen:

thank you

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ For your work, bulldozer seems to be good as i've heard it fares well in virtualization. Still i7 2600k is best in all respects as its a hyperthreaded processor and is quite capable of some heavy multitasking (beats top end bulldozer as well).

But the platform is pricey for your budget. And afaik, bulldozer is better than 2500k in virtualization. Since you are not a hardcore gamer, it doesn't really matter.

But you don't have to go for the top end bulldozer. Get the 8120 and overclock it.

I have a good config. in mind and giving below:

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD FX-8120 8 Core Processor|12150
Motherboard |ASUS M5A88-m|5720
RAM |G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1525
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Seasonic S12II-520 520W |3650
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2300
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
| Total |29995

The psu is rock solid and you can add a good mid-highend gpu in future. I gave an 880 based mobo because it has igp. 970 and higher chipsets require a discrete gpu. You can add a good cpu cooler like cm hyper 212 evo @ 2k if the need arises.

Good luck with your purchase mate.:)

Tarun

In the zone
NO a 25ook blows FX 81xx series in almost every field have a look here
25ook vs FX 8150
core i5 2500k 13k
Biostar TZ68K+ 7.5k
G.skill 8GB RAM 3k
NZXT Source 210 elite 2.4k
Seasonic S12II 520 watts 3.6k
if you can find asrock Extreme 3 Gen3

^^ For your work, bulldozer seems to be good as i've heard it fares well in virtualization. Still i7 2600k is best in all respects as its a hyperthreaded processor and is quite capable of some heavy multitasking (beats top end bulldozer as well).

But the platform is pricey for your budget. And afaik, bulldozer is better than 2500k in virtualization. Since you are not a hardcore gamer, it doesn't really matter.

But you don't have to go for the top end bulldozer. Get the 8120 and overclock it.

I have a good config. in mind and giving below:

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD FX-8120 8 Core Processor|12150
Motherboard | ASUS M5A88-m |5720
RAM |G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1525
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Seasonic S12II-520 520W |3650
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2300
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
| Total |29995

The psu is rock solid and you can add a good mid-highend gpu in future. I gave an 880 based mobo because it has igp. 970 and higher chipsets require a discrete gpu. You can add a good cpu cooler like cm hyper 212 evo @ 2k if the need arises.

Good luck with your purchase mate.:)

buddy that motherboard is ok for stock but OP with not be able to overclock the CPU even by 100mhz as its a 4+1Phases motherboard:rolleyes:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well i guess you didn't read his requirements. He mentioned virtualization. Fx 8 core cpu's are better in this as far as what i've heard. The anandtech bench you gave does not mention this.

Besides he wanted to go for a board that has igp as he plans to install a gpu later. Since op here isn't a hardcore overclocker, i suggested the best of both worlds.

The 970 and 990 chipsets is what i should have given, but they lack an igp.

OP
M

maddy

Journeyman
hi guys thank you for quick reply
about gfx i have two of them so i can use them for now till i buy latest one :mrgreen:

yes looking for 970 or 990 fx if possible also thanks tarun for 4+1Phases problem

about i5 i will rather go for i7 instead of i5 still i5 suits for my budget will try to extend more

thanks again guys

Top Bottom