Buliding 20K CPU with small cabinet.

Guys, Abhigeek here.

I want to build cpu for my dad.
I already have other components like monitor, mouse keyboard etc.
I just need cpu.
I want small size cabinet similar to mac mini.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
MS Office, occasionally movies.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
I already have OS.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans
500gb will be enough.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
Already have full HD monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
Keyboard - mouse , monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
Few weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
It will done by me.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
Chandigarh, I could buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans
Small cabinet is must. Intel i5 5th gen, Intel HD onborad graphics. RAM 4 or 8 gb.

Thanks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 20k

ProcessorIntel Pentium G 32404,000
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H81M-S13,600
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 4GB 1600MHz
Power SupplyAntec VP450P2,500
CabinetCooler Master Elite 3112,300
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner1,000
Total19,200

Last edited:
@abhigeek,

> small form factor cabinets like the one you desire are not easily available in India and generally cost >4k. This will be impractical for a 20k rig.

> Regarding the 4-8 GB RAM requirement you mentioned, 4 GB is enough; 8 GB will be of no use.

> An i5 alone will cost ~13k and will be overkill for your requirements. Even a pentium will suffice your needs.

Last edited:
OP
abhigeek
@abhigeek,

> small form factor cabinets like the one you desire are not easily available in India and generally cost >4k. This will be impractical for a 20k rig.

> Regarding the 4-8 GB RAM requirement you mentioned, 4 GB is enough; 8 GB will be of no use.

> An i5 alone will cost ~13k and will be overkill for your requirements. Even a pentium will suffice your needs.

I'm replacing pentium one cpu bcoz its f**kin slow.
Anyways, suggests me configs one with i3 and another with i5.

If I can't get case similar mac mini. Still suggest me one atleast little bit smaller to regular ones.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I'm replacing pentium one cpu bcoz its f**kin slow.
Anyways, suggests me configs one with i3 and another with i5.

If I can't get case similar mac mini. Still suggest me one atleast little bit smaller to regular ones.

At this budget i3 or i5 is not possible that too with a mITX Cabinet as such mobo's are costly and is found at price point of 10k+ only.
With 20k budget you can get an i3 and mITX mobo only.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Antec ISK110 VESA CPU Cabinet - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

Circle 2.1 Memory Cabinet with Power Supply - Black - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

Xpro Micro Slim Atx Cabinet With Power Supply - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

IMO any of these should be sufficient for the small form factor needs but can't say about the impact on the budget or the config.

sanjay123

Broken In
I would suggest you for not investing much in cabinet and power supply. Even Gfx can be built in mohter board.

Gigabyte/Biostar MBs are reasonally priced. you can select according to the processor you opt.

You can go for Zion Ram. I have them in my home pc and cafe as well.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ It's always good and safe to invest in a good PSU. Zion used to be good not so much now. For ram Corsair FTW! If you want to try then you can get Dolgix Ram as well which maybe available at some ~1.35k for 4GB :D

[MENTION=294461]abhigeek[/MENTION] - There's not much difference between pentium and core i3s so getting pentium would be more VFM. i5 is a different beast but you will only notice some major difference if you are into transcoding large HD video files.

007roh

Broken In
ProcessorIntel Core i3 4130Rs.7800
MotherboardBiostar Hi Fi B85N 3DRs.5900
RAMCorsair Value Select 4GBRs.1750
Hard DiskWestern Digital 500GBRs.3000
PSUAntec VP450PRs.2500
CabinetCooler Master Elite 130 mITXRs.4000
TOTALRs.24950

Found Biostar mITX motherboard on Flipkart with the name "Intel HI Fi B85N 3D" . Go for this if you absolutely need mITX setup.

But I'd recommend this:

ProcessorIntel Core i3 4130Rs.7800
MotherboardAsus H81M-CSRs.3400
RAMCorsair Value Select 4GBRs.1750
Hard DiskWestern Digital 500GBRs.3000
PSUAntec VP450PRs.2500
CabinetCooler Master N200 mATXRs.3500
TOTALRs.21950

Add Rs.1000 more if you need Optical Drive.

Top Bottom