Building a rig @ Rs. 45k... no idea about the components' price.

N0x

Technophiliac!!
1. What is the purpose of the computer?
A: Gaming. Not really hardcore but at 1920x1080 with effects at Medium to High and getting about 40 fps in most games. And of course other stuff like browsing and amateur photo editing etc... but that goes without saying I guess.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Definitely.I am not a fanboy. :neutral: But I am a sucker for VFM products!! :grin:

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: My budget is Rs. 45000. Stretched to Rs. 47000 if worth it. NOT MORE. :banghead:

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Mebbe a couple of MHz... not too much.:grin:

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7 32 bit, Ubuntu. :grin:

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 GB will do... if a 1TB fits into my budget.. well why not?? :p

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: A 22 inch LED, obviously Full HD.... but I might settle for LCD if absolutely necessary.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7.5 :chinscratch:

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Yes I've built a desktop before but this will be done by an assembler.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: End of this month or early September

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Well, I'm looking to keep this for 4 to 5 years at least, without any further upgrades. :pray:

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: No. This system is being built from scratch so it needs EVERYTHING.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: I live in Kolkata and I am not open to buying from other cities or states and neither am I interested in buying online.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: With my mediocre knowledge about current hardware... i've built a rig BUT the problem is I have NO IDEA how much its gonna cost me. An approximate idea is appreciated! And any help in editing the components will be helpful otherwise go ahead and tell me the rig you have in mind!
The rig I have though up (mind you, I have NO idea about the prices so this might even overshoot my budget or might not :p ) :-

Component | Make
Processor |Intel Core i5 2400
Motherboard|Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
GPU|MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II
RAM|Corsair Dual-Channel 2x2 GB DDR3 Memory Kit
Hard Disk Drive|Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500 GB
Optical Drive|LG 22X DVD R/W Drive
Cabinet|Cooler Master Elite 430
PSU|Corsair GS600
Speakers|Altec Lansing vs2621
Monitor| Dunno What... Any 22'' HD LED suggestions??
UPS|APC Back-UPS ES 500
Keyboard and Mouse| Microsoft Wired Desktop 600
Am I missing anything?? Also note again that I have NO idea about the prices :ashamed: ... so please mention the prices if you can.
Thanks a lot for your help!!

Sarath

iDota
Refer to this thread. Similar budget and requirements :)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/144927-needs-gaming-pc-50k-my-friend.html

OP
N0x

N0x

Technophiliac!!
Oh!! Thanks a lot!! Just discovered that a shop in Kolkata has its own website!!! :)

Sarath

iDota
But don't just go copying the exact rig. If your requirements slightly vary then you might require a different set of hardware; (however unlikely it may seem to be)

You're welcome :)

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
No point in getting a Z68 mobo in that rig. Better, wait till october. There's news cooking up, that AMD's BD is just around the corner. If you're in no hurry, and can wait, then WAIT! (prices of the aforementioned components will decrease, nonetheless) :p

Sarath

iDota
^^^Yeah if you can wait just a little longer you will be duly rewarded. Everyones bringing in new hardware. New hardware= faster but cheaper than current hardware [in 90% of the cases]

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
No point in getting a Z68 mobo in that rig. Better, wait till october. There's news cooking up, that AMD's BD is just around the corner. If you're in no hurry, and can wait, then WAIT! (prices of the aforementioned components will decrease, nonetheless) :p

Best advise, as most of us are expecting a price drop in hardware (mobo & intel sandy bridge products) after the release of amd bulldozer processors.

Top Bottom