Building a rig @ Rs. 25k.... need advice/ suggestions...

OP
N0x

N0x

Technophiliac!!
@1024x768, 6770 can handle Crysis 2 maxed out or atleast high settings..
That's what I thought.
wtf dude?
Exactly.
^^ just ignore that ;-)

BTW, here's a 24K config :

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 5.5k
Gigabyte GA- MA78LMT-S2P @ 2.6k
Transcend/Kingston 4GB Value Series 1333Mhz Ram @ 1.25k
Zebronics Bijli w/o PSu @ 1.1k
Corsair CX430 @ 2.4k
Sapphire HD6790 1GB GDDR5 @ 7.8k
Seagate 500GB HDD @ 1.9k
LG/Samsung DVD RW @ 0.9k
TVS Champ KB @ 0.25k
Logitech Basic Optical Mouse @ 0.3k

Total : 24k

Looks good... but I hear that the Bijli isn't too good and that we gotta add some fans to it.... is that correct?? How's the Cooler Master 310??
BTW.. the MoBo u suggested seems to have 2 PS/2 ports.. so he won't need to buy a Keyboard or Mouse either!! Rs. 550 saved!!
Oh... u haven't suggested a UPS... :sad: Can u suggest one?? And I think I'll go back to the 6770... 'coz with a UPS the price will go above 24k. :cry: :cry:

Config lokks good topgear but I would change that 6790 for 7.8 to 6850 for 9.4 taking total to 25.6.

This will ensure even after getting a HD Monitor later All games will run on High setts.

955 BE + HD6850 = Good Combo

I wud LOVE to do that but my friend says he absolutely can't go beyond 24k. And therein lies the dilemma. :-(

What is the price of the GA-780T-USB3 (rev. 3.1)?? Its an atx board unlike the GA- MA78LMT-S2P which is micro ATX.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
That's what I thought.

Exactly.

Looks good... but I hear that the Bijli isn't too good and that we gotta add some fans to it.... is that correct?? How's the Cooler Master 310??
BTW.. the MoBo u suggested seems to have 2 PS/2 ports.. so he won't need to buy a Keyboard or Mouse either!! Rs. 550 saved!!
Oh... u haven't suggested a UPS... :sad: Can u suggest one?? And I think I'll go back to the 6770... 'coz with a UPS the price will go above 24k. :cry: :cry:

I wud LOVE to do that but my friend says he absolutely can't go beyond 24k. And therein lies the dilemma. :-(

What is the price of the GA-780T-USB3 (rev. 3.1)?? Its an atx board unlike the GA- MA78LMT-S2P which is micro ATX.

What is the use of ATX board in your case?

OP
N0x

N0x

Technophiliac!!
Well thanks a lot everybody!! That definitely helped! So my final config stands like this:

Corsair CX430 @ 2.4k
MSI R6770-MD1GD5 @ 6.5k
Seagate 500GB HDD @ 1.9k
LG/Samsung DVD RW @ 0.9k
APC 600VA @ 1.8k

Total: 24k :grin::grin::grin:

The Zebronics Bijli has just 1 extra fan provided I've heard.. do I need to buy more??? Or are the components cool enough to run without additional cooling??:!:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The Zebronics Bijli has just 1 extra fan provided I've heard.. do I need to buy more??? Or are the components cool enough to run without additional cooling??:!:

Bijli has front 120mm intake fan & 2*80mm side intake fans..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Well thanks a lot everybody!! That definitely helped! So my final config stands like this:

Corsair CX430 @ 2.4k
MSI R6770-MD1GD5 @ 6.5k
Seagate 500GB HDD @ 1.9k
LG/Samsung DVD RW @ 0.9k
APC 600VA @ 1.8k

Looks quite good. That should be your final config.
Answer to your second question: processor can run without additional cooling. But request the user of this rig, not to overclock just to be on the safe side.

OP
N0x

N0x

Technophiliac!!
Thanks d6bmg!! No I won't let him overclock!

@MegaMind. Hmm.. well I guess I'll find out when I buy it! Its either this or the CM Elite 310... maybe the NZXT Gamma.. lessee....

Alrighty then everybody thanks for all the suggestions/advice!!! Will let you all know how the rig fares after buying!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well, not overclocking with the stock cooler....it is very very true for Intel because the supplied stock cooler is basically a crap...it can even run the high end CPU like i7 2600K in stock speed in Indian Climate.
But for AMD, the stock cooler comes with Phenom II processors are of very good quality and decent level of overclock is possible. I was having a Phenom II X4 955 and currently having a 1090T and know it from my experience.

I was running my Phenom II 955 in 3.5 GHz speed in summer days without any heating issues. The temp was always below 55 degree C. While gaming I used to overclock it to 3.6 GHz without any issues. So 200 MHz-300 MHz overclock in Phenom II X4 955 is perfectly safe. Only downside it while overclocked, the fan makes a liitle extra noise.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Corsair CX430 @ 2.4k
MSI R6770-MD1GD5 @ 6.5k
Seagate 500GB HDD @ 1.9k
LG/Samsung DVD RW @ 0.9k
APC 600VA @ 1.8k

Bijli has one front 120mm intake and two 80mm intake fan on side panel but no exhaust so just add a additional 120 mm fan at the back of Bijli as exhaust - 120 mm fan costs 250 ( 1200 RPM ) and 450 ( 2000 RPM LED ) bucks - ;-)

OP
N0x

N0x

Technophiliac!!
@Cilus.. Will keep that in mind thanks!!

@Topgear... hmm... Can't I just unscrew one fan from the side and attach it at the back facing the reverse direction??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can unscrew one fan from the side and attach it at the back facing the reverse direction and use it as a exhaust fan but buying an additional 120mm fan makes more sense IMO ;-)

Top Bottom