Building A New Rig (ETA 2 Weeks)

Thunder

Journeyman
What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Priority will be given to gaming i.e BF3, ACIII, Diablo III, MOH:Warfighter. followed Photo Editing, Minor Video Editing and Normal Internet Usage.

What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
35000 INR (Can Add 2000 or 2500)

Planning to overclock?
No (If the Budget Permits to use a unlocked CPU then maybe)

Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Windows 7 64-Bit

How much hard drive space is needed?
500 GB

Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
No. I Already have a 19" LCD Monitor atm. But i will be upgrading to a 21" after 2-3 Months.

Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
I Already have a Monitor,UPS, Keyboard, Mouse, Optical Drive and an SSD. So i wont be needing these items, better i can spend the amount on something else.

When are you planning to buy the system?
Within 2 Weeks.

Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Me

Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Prefer to buy it locally from CTC, Hyderabad. Can buy stuff from Online too if required.

Anything else which you would like to say?
Can i go for an Intel i5 Rig in this range ? Need Suggestions guys. Only 2 Weeks remaining.
Thanks for helping a mate.
Cheers.

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
Intel Dh67cl @ 5k
Intel core i5 2400 @ 10.8k
corsair value select 4 gb ddr3 @ 1.1k
HIS HD 6870 ice qx @ 12k
WD caviar blue 500 gb sata III @ 4.2K
seasonic s12 520 @ 3.5k
Nzxt source 210 elite @ 2.2k

Last edited:

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Intel Core I5 2400 @ 10K
Intel DH67CL B3 @ 5K
4 GB CORSAIR Value Ram @ 1K
SEAGATE 500 GB HDD @ 3.8K
SEASONIC S12 520 W @ 3.5K
CM ELITE 310 @ 1.7K
ZOTAC GTX 560 TI @ 13K
OR
GET THE RADEON HD 7850 @ 15K
TOTAL 38K OR 40K

OP
Thunder

Thunder

Journeyman
Zotac GTX 560 Ti = 13k
HIS HD 6870 ICeQ = 12k

Which is better from the both ? And is the Radeon 7850 @ 15k worth it's price and upto the performance of both the above cards?

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
Zotac gtx 560ti is better than hd 6870.
HD 7850 is a new gen card, consumes less power, and has better performance. It performs better than HD 6950 and GTX 560TI, and close to GTX 570. Its your call. If you can extend the budget then get the 7850. See this

Last edited:
OP
Thunder

Thunder

Journeyman
Is the FX Series of Processor from AMD match for i5 ?
Can that be used as an alternative for i5 2400 ?
Seeking more advice pls

Top Bottom