Build Your Rig! (XBlade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulmsapra

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I want to build a system which can be used as a server for accessing software/applications for graphics and designing and even 3D applications too via 2 or more thin clients simultaneously. Also I want this system be used as a render farm too so other 3d artist can upload files and get them rendered quickly. I also want to know what kind of hardware and OS and other applications should be used to build this rig. In case if 2 servers can be created (1 CPU server and 1 GPU server)how can they be linked to a common server which can decide to assign tasks on the servers depending upon load.

Please reply back and if possible email me.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul M Sapra
rahul.m.sapra@gmail.com

OP
nbaztec

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Hi,
I want to build a system which can be used as a server for accessing software/applications for graphics and designing and even 3D applications too via 2 or more thin clients simultaneously. Also I want this system be used as a render farm too so other 3d artist can upload files and get them rendered quickly. I also want to know what kind of hardware and OS and other applications should be used to build this rig. In case if 2 servers can be created (1 CPU server and 1 GPU server)how can they be linked to a common server which can decide to assign tasks on the servers depending upon load.

Please reply back and if possible email me.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul M Sapra
rahul.m.sapra@gmail.com

Please post here after filling up the template.

OP
nbaztec

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Yeah, sorry about that. Lost out on volunteers long time back. As it turns out, maintaining a list of latest prices is a daunting task.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
forget about maintaining accurate price list (atleast I don't care about that).

All i want is some place which will give you all the options of components, so that only have to visit one place, instead of comparing across a wide range of websites.

The price list can specify range, if not the accurate prices. Anyway, I am not going to buy a whole rig anywhere.

OP
nbaztec

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Even that requires quite an effort with new h/w releasing every fortnight. Nothing much I can do as of now.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
How many volunteers are there, as of now?

And what are the pre-requisites for volunteering? I am interested, but I am afraid, that I am a bit of a n00b..

OP
nbaztec

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
No criteria, just some members would occasionally help me with maintaining the list of products (since I fail to keep myself updated with the current h/w).

OP
nbaztec

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
If you have a item/price/spec list of any items to update just send me over. Nothing to do with the mag :p

vgautam155

Broken In
awesome work u ppl....:-D...
1 thing i was wondering....if we select a specific motherboard....and then move on to gpu and ram....do they get listed according to compatibility or that too we have to figure out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom