Build Your Rig! (XBlade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Hi all,

I want your opinions on the new Build Your Rig! (XBlade)
The earlier version with the Google Docs was kinda crude yet an interesting start. I've decided to take it up a notch with a proper database as its back-end.

Well to be specific the site has been created specifically keeping "us" in mind. The features important to "us" are:

• Easy searching of products & their specs.
  • Assembling of rigs from among the assortment.
  • Easier reporting of incorrect prices.
  • Easier updating of prices.

So the site is meant to address these things. Among the other things that can only be felt by experiencing it first hand.

A sample built rig can be seen here

Please convey any thoughts, good or bad :)

Webserver hassles, maybe crashed. Data safe. Trying to contact the support/finding a new home. Free web-servers are PITA. Used another free host.. Fixed :)

Regards,
nbaztec

Last edited:
Reactions: ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are currently working to update prices. :) The site is still in a beta stage. Great effort by nbaztec.

OP
nbaztec

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
As said by ico, majority of the work is done. The site has been alpha tested for over a month since it's release in August.

Now it's just ironing out the prices, specs & images. More support later on (product urls, vendor urls, etc.)

Thank you all for your encouragement.

priyam1309

Broken In
Hi,
Great Interface and easy to use.
But, not all the products are listed. For eg -
1. Intel i5 2500K
2. Corsair Vengeance 4GB X 1 1600Mhz
3. GSkill 4GB X 1 RipJaw
3. Gigabyte Z68 UD3H
4. CM GX650, GX750
5. MSI Radeon R6950 2GB
6. CM Elite 431 Plus

Please update the products. It is much more important than the Interface
Thanks

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi..

nbaztec has added photographs of monitors, cabinets and CPU coolers.

And I am working on collecting the photographs of Keyboards and Mice.

noob*

Broken In
i think you should make the icons of the options in the site a bit smaller, because it becomes too tiresome to scroll down again and again

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
dude its really great!!
interface is easy!
is there any links to the brands? that would help too.
all in all even if i dont buy from the site, i can easily see and choose and estimate the amount and even save the rigs too. cool.
keep it up

OP
nbaztec

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Glad you like it. I intended it that way.
As for the link to brands, I coded a provision to link to the vendor site and for the future: the original product page, but sadly there is lack of data. Since I don't have the data I dropped the addition of the new features and/or optimizations. I'd say don't follow the prices on the site, they are way off the current prices.

I just made the site, the data, sadly I do not possess. :(

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
so by when do you think you will be able to update the prices??, cause couple of sites offer different prices and it would be of great help if a familiar site such as this(XBLADE) would incorporate it.:-?

OP
nbaztec

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
The fact is I'm totally out-of-touch with the latest prices unlike the veteran (and some new) members here. Sadly, I won't be able to edit anything without help from volunteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom