CPU - Intel i5 10400 - 16k

Mobo - Gigabyte B560M DS3H AC - 10.5k

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 3600MHz - 7k*

GPU - iGPU

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000/WD SN550 500GB - 5k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB 7200RPM - 3.2k

PSU - Corsair CV550 other 550W 80+ bronze - 3.7k

Cabinet - MSI MAG Forge 100M or other mid tower ATX - 4k

Monitor - Acer XV272U 1440p 144Hz IPS Freesync - 25k (as low as 21k on sale)

Total - 74.4k

*Buy Online G.SKILL Sniper X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 Desktop Memory F4-3600C19D-16GSXKB - in India
B560 supports XMP, so can use RAM above 2666.

Under an ideal situation, a 30k RTX 3060 would have been a decent GPU. But that costs 60k+.

Edited with B560 mobo.

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
^^ Omega Isn't the point of ditching the gpu to build a better core system? Wouldn't b460 limit him to 10th gen?
Shouldn't we look at b560 and z590 mobos below 20k so he can upgrade to 11th gen and speedier ram whenever he feels like.

@shadow Hash limited edition of rtx 3000 cards are out so wait out till mid june for us to see it reflect in India.
If you want now that 1050ti for 15.5k on amazon is a great deal. Ryzen 4650g is now out of stock so if you go with a ryzen build you will have to choose between 3400g or 3600 with gpu.

Here's a 27 inch display below 20k. Will this be good enough?
*mdcomputers.in/msi-27-inch-optix-g27c4-amd-freesync-curved-gaming.html?tag=MSI-MON-OFF

^^ Omega Isn't the point of ditching the gpu to build a better core system? Wouldn't b460 limit him to 10th gen?
Shouldn't we look at b560 and z590 mobos below 20k so he can upgrade to 11th gen and speedier ram whenever he feels like.

@shadow Hash limited edition of rtx 3000 cards are out so wait out till mid june for us to see it reflect in India.
If you want now that 1050ti for 15.5k on amazon is a great deal. Ryzen 4650g is now out of stock so if you go with a ryzen build you will have to choose between 3400g or 3600 with gpu.

*mdcomputers.in/msi-27-inch-optix-g27c4-amd-freesync-curved-gaming.html?tag=MSI-MON-OFF
Realistically most people won't jump just 1 gen of CPU ahead, like if I buy an i5 10400 myself, I likely won't look into jumping to a 2nd hand i7 later on, instead will get a new CPU + mobo which supports latest standards of RAM, SSD, GPU, etc (surely more expensive, better save money for that). Sure you can keep those stuff in mind, but its tough to fit in even a decent budget Z490 + i5 for 50k. I can surely fit a B560 though, so edited the post.

I'm just waiting for B560 mobo reviews + better availability to see if it can even run i5 11400 at max power draw (which is ~125W). Initial reviews suggest B560 VRMs are bad. AMD's B550 has decent VRMs for mid range.

Considering he allocated 25k for a monitor, I suggested a 1440p 144Hz one.

Last edited:
OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Realistically most people won't jump just 1 gen of CPU ahead, like if I buy an i5 10400 myself, I likely won't look into jumping to a 2nd hand i7 later on, instead will get a new CPU + mobo which supports latest standards of RAM, SSD, GPU, etc (surely more expensive, better save money for that). Sure you can keep those stuff in mind, but its tough to fit in even a decent budget Z490 + i5 for 50k. I can surely fit a B560 though, so edited the post.

I'm just waiting for B560 mobo reviews + better availability to see if it can even run i5 11400 at max power draw (which is ~125W). Initial reviews suggest B560 VRMs are bad. AMD's B550 has decent VRMs for mid range.

Considering he allocated 25k for a monitor, I suggested a 1440p 144Hz one.
I would prefer 144 with 1440p.
But regarding the build ain't all the fuss is about AMD in terms of gaming pc these days?

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making

Not gonna settle with the 10 series now.
I would prefer to wait for a month or two to see if the GPUs come back to sane pricing otherwise got no other option than waiting for the prices to come in my budget for a series 30 gpu

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would prefer to wait for a month or two to see if the GPUs come back to sane pricing otherwise got no other option than waiting for the prices to come in my budget for a series 30 gpu
Big crash in cryptocurrencies today, maybe the start of a trend & hopefully fall in prices of gpu.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Not gonna settle with the 10 series now.
We are expecting DDR5 soon now.
*www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-and-AM...-quo-by-featuring-an-RDNA2-iGPU.510997.0.html
I think DDR4 based platform will loose its value hard even if its latest gen once DDR5 is available. Resale value will drop significantly. Spending all your money on latest config isn't good idea now. Save money and go with the build omega suggested. Adding a card on that build like 3060Ti-3070 will set you for some years on 1440p resolution. In future, once you have money, you can refresh your build starting with base components CPU+Mobo+RAM, unless you are good with money to refresh the build entirely.

Above suggestion is only in case you want to save money as much as possible without compromising on the performance you are expecting.

I don't mind waiting for a month or two for a sanely priced high end gpu.
If you wait for a month or so, 11th gen CPUs will be more easily available. The i5 10400 at 17k is a great deal, performs similar to R5 3600 for productivity & outperforms R5 for gaming. But it needs a decent mobo with a good cooler to run it at up to 125W.

We are expecting DDR5 soon now.
*www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-and-AM...-quo-by-featuring-an-RDNA2-iGPU.510997.0.html
I think DDR4 based platform will loose its value hard even if its latest gen once DDR5 is available. Resale value will drop significantly. Spending all your money on latest config isn't good idea now. Save money and go with the build omega suggested. Adding a card on that build like 3060Ti-3070 will set you for some years on 1440p resolution. In future, once you have money, you can refresh your build starting with base components CPU+Mobo+RAM, unless you are good with money to refresh the build entirely.

Above suggestion is only in case you want to save money as much as possible without compromising on the performance you are expecting.
DDR5 will be expensive initially, but with new AMD CPUs in 2022 having DDR5 as well, it will be the new mainstream RAM standard for 2022.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Just a small update guys.
Managed to secure Xbox X on Flipkart so I can delay this PC for now so that pricing gets some sane for the components.
Thank you everyone who spent some time over this thread.
Now the only component for me which is yet to be secured is still a monitor.
Suggest me one with around 25k and main purpose of the same is playing games over it and if required mom will watch a video or two over it.

Just a small update guys.
Managed to secure Xbox X on Flipkart so I can delay this PC for now so that pricing gets some sane for the components.
Thank you everyone who spent some time over this thread.
Now the only component for me which is yet to be secured is still a monitor.
Suggest me one with around 25k and main purpose of the same is playing games over it and if required mom will watch a video or two over it.
Cheap 4K TV? Like Nokia 43" with onkyo soundbar maybe? Or Acer XV272U is still a good choice

If for cheap tv I'm thinking about redmi 50 inch since it has hdmi 2.1
Saw its specs, it has ALLM. Might be worth considering or it might just be a marketing stuff that doesn't do much. No idea as big reviewers don't review these TVs.

Get it with an extended warranty. BTW Xbox Series X supports 1440p output unlike PS5, so 1440p 144Hz monitor isn't a bad decision if you intend to play some competitive games. For no competitive games, 4K TV is better.

Anyways congrats on nabbing a Series X.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Congratulations!
Here is a list of TVs. Looks like you should check out tcl and hisense too.
*in.pcmag.com/hdtv/116769/the-best-tvs-for-gaming

Top Bottom