Build a pc or buy a pre-built one

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just to reiterate again on this forum.
Do not lose patience and buy consoles or controllers from retailers/resellers who will not replace your consoles/controllers with a new item, if anything is wrong with it. They might ask you to contact Sony/Microsoft customer care instead of replacing the faulty item.
Stick to Amazon where replacement and refunds works flawlessly and record unboxing of your purchase.

quicky008

Technomancer
buying a ps5 now is just a waste of money-not even many good exclusives are available to justify its steep price tag.

Better buy after 2-3 years when revised hardware with more features/slimmer design will become available and hopefully it will be bundled with a few games and priced affordably (ie within 40k).

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
buying a ps5 now is just a waste of money-not even many good exclusives are available to justify its steep price tag.

Better buy after 2-3 years when revised hardware with more features/slimmer design will become available and hopefully it will be bundled with a few games and priced affordably (ie within 40k).
And what about those who are actually short on a proper gaming rig or a console. My ps dies 3 months back and laptop ain't really supporting any new game or even those back 5 years . Most likely gonna try for xbox maybe S if it's available in stock. Gonna play on a 1080p tv for an year or so.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Just to reiterate again on this forum.
Do not lose patience and buy consoles or controllers from retailers/resellers who will not replace your consoles/controllers with a new item, if anything is wrong with it. They might ask you to contact Sony/Microsoft customer care instead of replacing the faulty item.
Stick to Amazon where replacement and refunds works flawlessly and record unboxing of your purchase.
+1 to this. The heights these guys have shown by putting the website down and asking 90k bundle to get the PS

TheSloth

The Slowest One
And what about those who are actually short on a proper gaming rig or a console. My ps dies 3 months back and laptop ain't really supporting any new game or even those back 5 years . Most likely gonna try for xbox maybe S if it's available in stock. Gonna play on a 1080p tv for an year or so.
Have you thought about getting laptop? purchase decision will be less frustrating than a prebuilt PC.
Do you have AC in your room where you are planning to use your prebuilt PC? Main problem is over-heating and poor PSU. In future whenever you have enough funds, just buy a new case and PSU and salvage parts from your pre-built one.
Or just sell it off once you get console. I don't see much positive in keeping a pre-built PC for long term.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Have you thought about getting laptop? purchase decision will be less frustrating than a prebuilt PC.
Do you have AC in your room where you are planning to use your prebuilt PC? Main problem is over-heating and poor PSU. In future whenever you have enough funds, just buy a new case and PSU and salvage parts from your pre-built one.
Or just sell it off once you get console. I don't see much positive in keeping a pre-built PC for long term.
Right now I've 4 laptops already in my room and 2 months back only purchases macbook. Parents will go nuts if they see another laptop at my room

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Not many options since you are buying a monitor you can either get the omen 15 4600h/1660ti for 79k for now.
How do you feel about getting a tablet for now and save some money?
Will you be able to play your games on a tablet somehow?

If you are open to buy second hand stuff here's a posting
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/how-much-can-i-sell-my-old-stuff-for.139625/post-2401432

Last edited:

Not a waste IMO. Games run much smoother compared to even PS4 Pro. In 3 years we might get PS5 pro, may or may not be at same price as console prices have been creeping up. Sadly stocks are very bad now for sure like PC GPUs.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Not many options since you are buying a monitor you can either get the omen 15 4600h/1660ti for 79k for now.
How do you feel about getting a tablet for now and save some money?
Will you be able to play your games on a tablet somehow?

If you are open to buy second hand stuff here's a posting
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/how-much-can-i-sell-my-old-stuff-for.139625/post-2401432
I'm gonna continue fighting these flash sales till I get one.
I'm seriously considering getting my ps4 serviced now but 2 months back I was told parts aren't available and now they are telling me it's better to try in the local market since parts won't be here anytime soon.

Tablet won't cut in for me, the problem here is that I'm majorly without any gaming option. Therefore I'm reaching out to all these options.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Not a waste IMO. Games run much smoother compared to even PS4 Pro. In 3 years we might get PS5 pro, may or may not be at same price as console prices have been creeping up. Sadly stocks are very bad now for sure like PC GPUs.
But I'd say it is still worth it considering I can't build a 120 hz 4k rig at 50k. I know games are costly but from my point of view I buy like 3 to 4 on my PS. Sometimes you get some good discount at PS store as well

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Have you considered the Nintendo switch? Breath of the wild is a marvellous title if you haven't experienced it yet.

Other than that gpd win 3 is coming to Amazon US on june 11 but shipping it here would make it as useless as premium ultrabooks.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Have you considered the Nintendo switch? Breath of the wild is a marvellous title if you haven't experienced it yet.

Other than that gpd win 3 is coming to Amazon US on june 11 but shipping it here would make it as useless as premium ultrabooks.
Nothing portable for me. It will either be a rig or console

But I'd say it is still worth it considering I can't build a 120 hz 4k rig at 50k. I know games are costly but from my point of view I buy like 3 to 4 on my PS. Sometimes you get some good discount at PS store as well
Don't fall for marketing, PS5 can't even run modern AAA titles at native 4K 60fps (games like Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, etc). PS & Xbox render at lower resolution & upscales it to 4K. You have a lot of games now with that option as well, like games with option to reduce resolution scale (like 100% is 100% of selected resolution). Although light games will surely run at 4K 120fps, like FIFA.

Surely you can't build even a R5 3600 + RTX 3060 rig for 50k with good pricing, i.e. 15k + 30k is already at 45k & you are missing a lot of parts. Consoles sell hardware at cost or at loss & make money from digital sales & subscription to play online.

IMO consoles are good for casual users who just play games or watch videos & don't do anything else even if they had a PC. IMO if Xbox wants to kill PS, they should ship Xbox with a limited Win10 OS which will make it almost a full PC, but that will irk PC companies as well.

quicky008

Technomancer
Right now I've 4 laptops already in my room and 2 months back only purchases macbook. Parents will go nuts if they see another laptop at my room
What do you do with all these laptops?Are you a developer? Do any of them have a built in gpu (geforce 1650 or better)?

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
What do you do with all these laptops?Are you a developer? Do any of them have a built in gpu (geforce 1650 or better)?
I'm a banker actually .
I got one of my old g4 hp laptop followed by my current y510p which is having 755m as graphics. Purchased a macbook due to the lack of laptop which can provide performance and battery backup and lastly got my bank ThinkPad

TheSloth

The Slowest One
this is good stuff. I think you really need 5th laptop.
Imagine, whoever enters into your room when you are using all your 5 laptops, together, they will think this guy coordinating and assisting SpaceX in launching and landing Rockets.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
In post 88 of this thread above I have linked a post from a forum member wishing to sell of many components in another thread. They are also selling a 1070 take a look into that. Otherwise you will have to buy this 1050 ti for 15.4k. If they don't price that 1070 according to market prices that will be a great deal.

*www.amazon.in/Zotac-GeForce-ZT-P10...116f3ce1dfff&language=en_IN&ref_=as_li_ss_tl#

TheSloth

The Slowest One
In post 88 of this thread above I have linked a post from a forum member wishing to sell of many components in another thread. They are also selling a 1070 take a look into that. Otherwise you will have to buy this 1050 ti for 15.4k. If they don't price that 1070 according to market prices that will be a great deal.

*www.amazon.in/Zotac-GeForce-ZT-P10...116f3ce1dfff&language=en_IN&ref_=as_li_ss_tl#
yeah but 23K for a old 1070 is a bit too much at this point.
Though 15.5K for 1050Ti is really good price in last few months. It will go out of stock soon for sure.

*Edit
The seller is new. I could not find ratings. They might be selling old/used cards

Last edited:
OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Alright people let's build me a desktop.
Need a build without gpu since I don't think I can get one in sane pricing anyhow.
Best components at the least price.
I'm hoping to get some components around 50k for rig and lets see what I can get in monitor for around 25k.
I'm hoping at least prices for these components aren't as insane as GPUs.

@omega44-xt @aby geek @TheSloth @whitestar_999

Top Bottom