Bug in Firefox???

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
I just found out a supposed bug in FireFox 2.0.0.3. It is related with the download manager. I noticed that when we pause a download, and then resume it again, it instantly informs us that the download is complete and then the whole download is corrupted and needs to be done again. :confused:

Have any of you guys faced this?

This happened twice with me, on Windows XP and on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. If there is indeed a bug, then I think it should be corrected. I have already reported it.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
It depends on what you download. If the download supports resume, then resuming without corrupting the file is possible.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
This is not only the case with Firefox, but almost all download managers too. The non-resumable downloads abruptly end as "DONE". This happens if the download is alloted a md5sum. It is a 32-digit hexa-decimal number. If the download is stopped & resumed after some time, the md5sum may get changed leading to the connection getting closed, fooling most of the download managers and end up with corrupted incomplete downloads. The downloads will resume and continue correctly only if the md5sum is matching with the previous one. This happens in all the resumeable downloads.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I always face problems while pausing/resuming in Firefox. :D
Even the server supports resume feature, if I pause a download and resume it, it never starts again just stuck at the same point...

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Agree @ Vishal Gupta..In case i download with FF default download manager,I always make sure i don't pause my downloads!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom