[BUDGET] Suggest me a good Keyboard and Mouse combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to keep this under 1000, and, if its available, I don't mind going for Rs. 500 wallahs.

I need a good keyboard and keys should be properly spaced. I am a touch typist and I can type with my eyes closed, so I need something upto my standards. I want soft keys because my syster gets angry on hearing typing noise. I intend to game.

For mouse, I preferably want Lazer mouse. Again, I need something sensitive.

Only branded stuff please. iBall sucks balls so please DONT recommend it.

fireshots

Machinehead..
get the iBall business combo (red package)..it has a basic but a very sturdy keyboard n extremely lightweight optical mouse, it shud not cost you more thn 600/-. Its a value for money product.

I saw u hate iBall but this product will change your outlook towards iball.

OP
MetalheadGautham
I have this keyboard hence I am saying.
Trust me, iBall sucks.
Its keyboard develops a problem around 2 years after purhcase.
Randomly "+" button activates and my textboxes are filled with ++++++++++++++
Ask in #think-digit at chat.freenode.net IRC and you will know/
I was banned several times because of spamming with ++++++++++++++++++ :(

acewin

Point Blanc
microsoft 2000 keyboard, but then it itself is of around 1K,
i have microsoft mouse working good cost 450.

if strictly saying as per money logitech combo is very good. check the multimedia combo or internet combo ones.

acewin

Point Blanc
check lazer mouse from zebronics costs around 600, except I do not know how good they are compared to logitech

OP
MetalheadGautham
How is sensitivity of Lazer mice compared to Optical mice ?
I play Counter Strike, Urban Terror, etc and similar FPS games needing good quality mice.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Logitech keyboard+mouse is the best,this mouse is good for online play.Also i hav Micrsoft kb+Mouse but not at all good for gaming.

OP
MetalheadGautham
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++w+hi+ch model of mouse are you talking about ?

PS: see what I mean by iBall issue ++++++++++++++++++++++++?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
get anything logitech, mouse and keyboard combo should come under 650 :p

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I never cared at all for keyboard and mouse, but FWIW I use a iBall Basic Keyboard and a Microsoft Optical Scroll Mouse.

OP
MetalheadGautham
Since how long do you use your iBall keyboard ? Mine and meeow's keyboards started goofing up after 3 years of usage.

get anything logitech, mouse and keyboard combo should come under 650 :p
I specifically need lazer mouse for gaming.

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
IIRC it's been more than a year I think, I change key and mouse once in 2 years as a rule.

And lazer mouse? C'mon, I am a more hardcore gamer than you and I use what I use for day-to-day gaming.,as in., daily online pub. It is more than sufficient.

Personally I don't believe in fancy gaming hardware if you're not in it professionally and is just a waste of money.

acewin

Point Blanc
@metalhead, I have not used lazer mouse so cannot say how good they are.
cheapest logitech lazer mouse is MX518 which costs around 1.2-1.3K
and a basic keyboard costs 300 bucks.

I also play CS, but never with a lzer mouse :D
cheapest lazer mouse you get would be iBall and Zebronics in 500-600

OP
MetalheadGautham
IIRC it's been more than a year I think, I change key and mouse once in 2 years as a rule.

And lazer mouse? C'mon, I am a more hardcore gamer than you and I use what I use for day-to-day gaming.,as in., daily online pub. It is more than sufficient.

Well, my iBall mouse has horrible response times.

In Urban Terror, I can notice a visible lag between the time I move the mouse to turn around and the moment when the mouse does turn around. This has most often been enough to get me fragged.

I was hoping that a good lazer mouse would propably solve my problem.

Personally I don't believe in fancy gaming hardware if you're not in it professionally and is just a waste of money.

Lazer mice are not "fancy" gaming hardware. You are refering to freaky looking mice with lots of buttons reviewed in Digit which I couldn't possibly care less about.

@metalhead, I have not used lazer mouse so cannot say how good they are.
cheapest logitech lazer mouse is MX518 which costs around 1.2-1.3K
and a basic keyboard costs 300 bucks.

I also play CS, but never with a lzer mouse :D
cheapest lazer mouse you get would be iBall and Zebronics in 500-600
Forget lazer mice for a second, but do optical mice from logitech have good response times ?
I realised that its not sensitivity but response times which my iBall mouse lacks while gaming.

I can buy any cheap optical scroll mouse as long as it does not pwn me with high response times.

And yeah, I saw Logitech Lazer combo at 1K in the latest prices thread.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

You really do need to try out lazer mouse for gaming. I am using one and every one of my friends who tried it accepting that it is exceptionally smooth and lot more precise.

@gautam, am pretty sure that you won't get quality laser mouse+k/b inside 1k.

If you want laser mouse, you need to increase your budget or just get Logitech combo.

get yourself a logitech keyboard and mouse combo in around 700/= it is best and also its warranty is 3 years i recently purchase one. it is internet pro keyboard

acewin

Point Blanc
logitech/microsoft mouse which I am using are quiet good not much noticeable lag can be said, beside there is a gaming combo which comes in 1.3K G1 gaming desktop, of which mouse is quiet good. Played CS quiet alot with the logitech one, hits being precise, when I turned around it did not deflect my face to corner me down not able to see my target.

My friends played with the same mouse with quiet ease on fast game like UT and other, I experienced iBall mouse only once one of my friend bought it because it was quiet fancy, but to got bad quiet quick

mouse in the G1 gamin set is much better than general logitech optical mouse

it being the best combo in the price

but do not think it is a lazer mouse

and if you are getting a logitec lazer combo in 1K and can get it, do not have second thoughts.

Last edited:
OP
MetalheadGautham
Here comp@ddict says that his friend bough Logitech Lazer Combo for 1K.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1055114#post1055114
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.