Budget Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinish

Journeyman
Hi everyone, how you guys doing, i am posting after a while.
My 5 year old speaker has gone kaput. It was frontech 2.1 speaker that served me loyally over the years and have enjoyed countless movies and songs.

Please suggest me a good budget speaker of Rs 1000(sorry its recession time).
It will be great if its 2.1(which includes tweeter or woofer)
The speaker should be able to handle bass well, like say transformers movie sounds and the dialogues should be crisp sounding.

So please suggest. Desi any suggestions man?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hmmm, that was my query too a few days ago. But experts here assured me that Creative is degrading day by day.
B/w in that price range u'll get SBS series of creative which in simple words SUCKS!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Within the limits of my personal experience, the Mercury SW-1480 has the best sound for about 1k - may be even less depending on where you buy it. It's a 2.1 and has a smooth rich bass and clear highs.

But alas, the volume control of some units develop a defect after some time, producing a scratchy sound when you turn it.

Krow

Crowman
Acc to Digit mag, Umax UPB3200 are a decent set of speakers (2.1) and for 1.3k I think.

Krow

Crowman
^ :)

@ krinish Better go for Altec Lansing over Creative/Umax/Any othr "dhamaal" brand the shopkeeper might try to sell. Also have a look at pimpom's suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom