Budget phone under Rs.3000

pratheeshps

Journeyman
I preferably want to buy a budget phone for my mom.Only thing she demanded it should have a decent camera.My sister once had a Samsung Metro 3310 which have a good camera compared to other budget mobiles I have seen.That model is out of market now since it is very old..No dual sim,no qwerty,no touchscreen but should look good

1. Budget -Rs.3000

2. Display type & size -decent & any

3. Form factor -bar

4. Preferred choice of brand- Nokia & Samsung

5. Preferred input method-numpad

6.What camera option you want?- best under 3k

7. Preferred operating system- Any

8.Preferred connectivity options -may be 3G [not necessary]

9. Preferred applications-Nil

10. Primary use of handset- Decent camera snaps,Calls

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration - nope

12. Any other info that you want to share - Phone should look good,buttons should be easy to type,2 MP Camera..that's all

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Nokia X2-02

There's little point in talking about image quality, besides saying it's awful. The colors and contrast are OK, but the resolved detail is poor and the noise reduction makes the end result even worse. We still wonder what happened with those old 2MP cameras (Samsung D600, anyone?) which produced such nice photos.

The video camera is limited to QCIF@10fps, which makes them usable for MMS only and practically nothing else. Here's a video sample. It's a really awful one as well.
Source

There is another phone I have no idea about except for the comments I read in flipkart.
Videocon V1805 - Videocon: Flipkart.com

PS: Dont fall into 8MP crap, since these virtual reviewers say it is good. Go to a local store and check for urself

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Nokia C2-01. Has one of the best keypad (has hands on experience with it) and camera is decent but without flash. It has 3G but again max speed is capped so if you are looking for mobile with comfortable keypad and camera, spend 500 bucks more and get this.

OP
P

pratheeshps

Journeyman
I have checked Nokia X2-02 from a local store ,2 MP camera is pretty much decent..but the X2-02 is slightly bulky & not a cute phone...Even though I am also considering X2-02 it as a option..

Nokia C2-01. Has one of the best keypad (has hands on experience with it) and camera is decent but without flash. It has 3G but again max speed is capped so if you are looking for mobile with comfortable keypad and camera, spend 500 bucks more and get this.

Nokia C2-01 screen looks similar to C1-01..Is they similar? I have seen C1-01,but compared to X2-02,display seems dull.The keypad of c1-01 is good & I think it's similar for C2-01 too...

Last edited:

vipul619

whodiswhodat
I'd suggest this.
It's sleek, stylish, shortcut keys, slider and a MP camera as well.
Seems like a bang for the buck!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Nokia C2-01 screen looks similar to C1-01..Is they similar? I have seen C1-01,but compared to X2-02,display seems dull.The keypad of c1-01 is good & I think it's similar for C2-01 too...

screen is slightly smaller at 2" compared to X2-02 whereas C1-01 has 1.8" screen with extremely poor resolution hence looks dull. C2-01 has elevated keys and the response is good.

OP
P

pratheeshps

Journeyman
screen is slightly smaller at 2" compared to X2-02 whereas C1-01 has 1.8" screen with extremely poor resolution hence looks dull. C2-01 has elevated keys and the response is good.

How abt quality of display in C2-01?Is it better than X2-02 OR C1-01?

I'd suggest this.
It's sleek, stylish, shortcut keys, slider and a MP camera as well.
Seems like a bang for the buck!

But I don't prefer Micromax..Also the phone looks dull..

Top Bottom