Gig 785G mobo
4 GB DDR III 1600 MHz Corsair ram
1 TB HDD Seagate
8400 GS Nividia Graphic Card
Bijli cabinet
CRT 15" monitor
LG DVD
450w Corsair

I want to now sell this PC and want to buy something new. Pls tell how much can I sell this PC for and if I add Rs.8000/- to this money which I get after selling, can I buy something better than this above configuration.

quicky008

Technomancer
Your system is quite powerful,i don't think there's any compelling need to sell it right now.You may consider replacing your existing graphics card with a better one,such as Geforce 650 or ATi Radeon 7770 if gaming is your primary requirement.If you are not satisfied with the image quality of your CRT monitor,you can sell it off and get a new 20" LED monitor instead,which should cost around Rs 6500.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Just replace the graphics card with something more pwoerful, like HD7770 @~8K and your system will work as you like. ;)

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
thanks for the suggestion. But I donot want to put nearly 8K only on graphic card as I don't play big games.

Pls tell if I can OC this graphic card....I hv already OCed my PC to 3.4 and it is running cool....

Cilus

laborare est orare
Even overclocking 8400GS will not give you any performance boost in GPU intensive tasks. The GPU simply lacks the processing capabilities.

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
Even overclocking 8400GS will not give you any performance boost in GPU intensive tasks. The GPU simply lacks the processing capabilities.

I don't want to play games by overclocking this card, but I just want to learn overclocking this card....

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Download msi afterburner and start OCing.
Start increasing the mem and core clocks by 10 units each and test with 3d mark vantage at every step. No furmark, no kombuster.
When you see the display getting corrupted, stop and rollback to previous step.

Keep a lookout for high temps at full stress.

Disclaimer: Blah blah blah.

Top Bottom