Budget PC: Help required

dexter.morgan

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Internet browsing, watching movies, microsoft office..Buying this for my father, hence will not be gaming on this rig.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs 10K - 13K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: None..will be reusing my old sata hard drives (320GB + 80GB).

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. Will be reusing my old LG CRT monitor E700SH (1280X1024).

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: SATA hard drives (WD 320GB + Seagate 80GB), PSU (VIP 600W), Speakers, DVD writer, Keyboard, Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: this month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: will be done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Buying locally..in Pune

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have a pretty old graphic card (xfx nvidia 6600). Do you recommend reusing it in the new system or would the onboard/onchip graphics from the newer processors suffice?

Any help around the same will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Cilus

laborare est orare
Pentium G620 @ 3.4K
Gigabyte H61M-D2H @ 3.13K
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram @ 1.2K
MSI HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 @ 5.4K

Total 13.13K. Make sure you're getting the GDDR5 version of HD 6670. There are plenty low performance DDR3 models available. Don't be full by them.

dibya_kol

In the zone
Pentium G620 @ 3.4K

Total 13.13K. Make sure you're getting the GDDR5 version of HD 6670. There are plenty low performance DDR3 models available. Don't be full by them.

Nice config in such low budget. Another vote by me for this config.

OP
D

dexter.morgan

Pentium G620 @ 3.4K

Thanks a lot for the help Cilius. If I do not buy the graphic card and use the onboard/onprocessor graphics (like Intel HD2000 or 3000), which motherboard and processor would you suggest I buy with the additional 5.4K that I would end up saving?

Cilus

laborare est orare
a gentle bump..

Buddy, the current Sandybridge Processors have the IGP integrated inside the Processor itself, not in the Motherboard. So spending extra money in the Motherboard won't provide you higher Graphics performance as G620 has HD 2000 Graphics. If you wanna spend some money then get i3 2100 instead of getting a higher end motherboard.

However, for Motherboard, change the Gigabyte one with ASRock ASRock H61M/U3S3 Motherboard. This motherboard is one hell of motherboard for it's price and offers 2 USB 3.0 + 2 SATA III 6 Gbps ports. I don't think there are any other manufacturers with mobo with that kinda feature set. It also has PCI-E 3.0 X16 slot. Currently this product Out of stock in Flipkart but check in local shops.

OP
D

dexter.morgan

Thanks a lot for the reply Cilus.

So is this config good?

Intel Core i3 2100
ASRock ASRock H61M/U3S3
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram

Also how does this compare to:

AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 560
ASUS M5A88-M Motherboard
Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM

Thanks,

Cilus

laborare est orare
Thanks a lot for the reply Cilius.

So is this config good?

Intel Core i3 2100
ASRock ASRock H61M/U3S3
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram

Also how does this compare to:

AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 560
ASUS M5A88-M Motherboard
Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM

Thanks,

Phenom II X2 560 is simply not at all any match for i3 2100. Stick with the Intel Sandy Bridge based config.

Bla7e

What is the difference between ASRock H61M/U3S3 and ASRock H61M.... I checked the specs but everything seems to be same and the later one is still available on flipkart at Rs.3232.

OP
D

dexter.morgan

What is the difference between ASRock H61M/U3S3 and ASRock H61M.... I checked the specs but everything seems to be same and the later one is still available on flipkart at Rs.3232.

Even I have the same question..can any one please shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, don't go by the Flipkart Product specification and rather than go with specs given in the manufacturer's page. I have already posted it in another thread, repeating it here also.

H61M is a stripped down version of H61M/U3S3 and lacks the USB 3.0 and SATA III 6 Gbps ports.

OP
D

dexter.morgan

Guys, don't go by the Flipkart Product specification and rather than go with specs given in the manufacturer's page. I have already posted it in another thread, repeating it here also.

H61M is a stripped down version of H61M/U3S3 and lacks the USB 3.0 and SATA III 6 Gbps ports.

I am not able to find the ASRock H61M/U3S3 board anywhere in Pune :cry:

An alternate config that I came up with is as follows:

Intel Core i3 2120 - Rs 6800/-
Intel DH67CL Motherboard - Rs 5500/-
4GB DDR3 Transcend - Rs 1300/-

Any thoughts on the above config and the DH67CL motherboard specifically?
It is similar to ASRock H61M/U3S3, but does not have the PCIex 3.0 slot.

Thanks,

Cilus

laborare est orare
PCI-E 3.0 doesn't have any practical use, even today's highest end cards like HD 7970 or GTX 680 shows very minimal performance improvement when plugged in PCI-E 3.0 slot over 2.0.
DH67CL is a very good board and you will get SATA 6 Gbps and usb 3.0

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE

H61 Motherboard Series Manufacturing - ASRock Inc.
h61m is itx board, but on flipkart the board is a m-atx sized board, so if they want to sell us itx board then we can return that board because it comes with 30 days replacement
husband: ek photo dekhke.
Old man: flipkart pe jo dihta hai wo he bikta hai
wife: shadi se phele aapki bhi bas photo he dekhi thi
:mrgreen:

i am confused???? :pullhair:
:reading: so can't we replace that itx thing?? because flipkart pe jo dihta hai wo he bikta hai

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ That old man and wife thingy is a funny commercial about flipkart. :D

Flipkart.com Commercial - Three Generations - YouTube

This one to be precise :p

OP
D

dexter.morgan

PCI-E 3.0 doesn't have any practical use, even today's highest end cards like HD 7970 or GTX 680 shows very minimal performance improvement when plugged in PCI-E 3.0 slot over 2.0.
DH67CL is a very good board and you will get SATA 6 Gbps and usb 3.0

One more problem that I am facing with choosing this board is that it does not have an IDE port. Any way in which I can connect my old IDE DVD writer to the new build?

Thanks,

Top Bottom