BUDgEt NOTEBooK WiTHIn 25K

helpmeout

Broken In
Here we go

HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

VS

Toshiba Satellite C850-P5010 Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 320GB/ No OS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook

If we consider their processors pent dual core 2nd b950 vs APU Dual Core A4 3305M
Which one is better in overall performance ?
Is this a4 really a mutiasker as mentioned by the flipkart ?
Hp one do not have USb 3.0 is this a big drawback ?

Purpose -running time 5 to 10 hrs ,Downloading,Watching 1080p Movies ,Listening Music,Copying files...:razz::razz:

Last edited:

NHS2008

Broken In
Amongst these two I would suggest the HP. As for which processor is better, both are neck to neck. I think AMD is better slightly. Also the on-board gpu will be much better in AMD. See the reviews by people in Flipkart. Pretty good ones.

No USB 3.0 is a draw back if you intend to use USB 3.0 ext. HDDs.

I would suggest you look for other models of AMD A4 with USB 3.0,

OR

increase your budget slightly and get a third gen i3 laptop MUCH MUCH better than these both.

Last edited:

Hrishi

Graphic performance will be better in HP. You mentioned watching watching 1080p movies , and multimedia purpose.AMD will be better.

OP
H

helpmeout

Broken In
Amongst these two I would suggest the HP. As for which processor is better, both are neck to neck. I think AMD is better slightly. Also the on-board gpu will be much better in AMD. See the reviews by people in Flipkart. Pretty good ones.

No USB 3.0 is a draw back if you intend to use USB 3.0 ext. HDDs.

I would suggest you look for other models of AMD A4 with USB 3.0,

OR

increase your budget slightly and get a third gen i3 laptop MUCH MUCH better than these both.

No I do not use any ext 3.0 hdd or usb
I had just browsed i3 2nd gen model which is available at 27k 28k and if you add graphics they rose up to 32k minimum:cry:
10k extra Then I would have gone with 2016 HP.Actually I want notebook for temporarily usage for a year or 1.5. I am a beginner.
So what about AMD does it heat up?Some say yes while some no.

NHS2008

Broken In
That's a myth. Nowadays AMD runs cooler compared to Intel. AMD APU is good choice for temporary NetBook. HP seems good choice.

Hrishi

No , it doesn't heats up if its based on new AMD technology. That was a long time ago , in previous AMD laptops.
These days they run quite silent and cool.

Source : I own an AMD APU based netbook ANd have used a couple of them.

OP
H

helpmeout

Broken In
No , it doesn't heats up if its based on new AMD technology. That was a long time ago , in previous AMD laptops.
These days they run quite silent and cool.

Source : I own an AMD APU based netbook ANd have used a couple of them.

Thats great but do you own this 1318ax ?
Actually I searched the market and came to know about 2 things i.e heating and the model is discontinued

NHS2008

Broken In
Must be model specific issue, note down the features that you want and get quotes from market for similar spec laptops from other manufacturers.

OP
H

helpmeout

Broken In
1318ax
What a puzzle plz help

at hp site it specification shows that it has dedicated 1gb 7450 and 512 integrated 6480
HP hardware.png

but here everest application shows that
CaptureWiz.png

where the hell is 7450g
I am puzzled ???:cry::cry:

Last edited:
OP
H

helpmeout

Broken In
check in GPU_Z, Speccy or AMD CCC.

EVEREST will detect which GPU is active at that moment.

Thanks Sam gpuz shows

*i49.tinypic.com/344cxox.png

BUt even after enabling crossfire everest and systemrequirementslab.com still shows the same above I.E 6480g

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
everest is now discontinued replaced by AIDA64. Maybe that is the reason Everest didn't detect the second GPU.

Top Bottom