geekymedico

Broken In
i3 390M is slightly better than i3 2310 according to benchmarks. Not much difference in real world performance

Found this excellent machine Asus K53SJ. Price 36k
Processor i3 sandy bridge (or i5 sandy bridge - not sure)
Graphics Nvidia 520M

The Nvidia 520M graphics card is much better than HD 5470 in Dell Inspiron

Source : igyaan.com

Found this excellent machine Asus K53SJ. Price 36k
Processor i3 sandy bridge (or i5 sandy bridge - not sure)
Graphics Nvidia 520M

The Nvidia 520M graphics card is much better than HD 5470 in Dell Inspiron

Source : igyaan.com

Confirmed i5-2410 and Nvidia 520M for 36k
Highly recommended :wink:

geekymedico

Broken In
According to cpubenchmark.net i3 2310M(2595) is ranked higher than i3 390M(2396) even though the later one is faster at 2.67Ghz!!!

Why is it so??

As I told you Sandy Bridge processors are faster. I compared both these processors on Notebookcheck and the benchmark scores are pretty similar

OP
A

amazingbrains

Broken In
Finally after days of brainstorming i narrowed my list to 3 models from i3 and 5 models from i5. Though i have listed many 2 modes from the same brand basically they differ only in the processor variant.

Kindly suggest which will be the best under each category(i3/i5).

Core i3:

1.Acer aspire 4738(14"screen)/5745(15"screen)

Specs: core i3 380M variant,2GB DDR3, 500GBHDD,Linux OS,3xUSB ports HDMI-Yes, PRICE-Rs.25,930(4738 model) & 26,950/- (5745).

Source: Acer Aspire Aspire 4738 (Ci3/2GB/Linux) Laptop Price India: Buy Acer Aspire Aspire Notebook India: Flipkart.com

2. Lenovo B460

Specs: Core i3, 370M variant, 2GB DDR3, 320GB, DOS, No HDMI port, PRICE-Rs.27,760/-

Lenovo Thinkpad B Series B460 (59-048609) Laptop Price India: Buy Lenovo Thinkpad B Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

3.Lenovo z560(380M) /z570(2310M variant)

Specs: Core i3, 380M variant, 3 GB DD3, 640GB, DOD, HDMI port, PRICE-Rs.30,980/-

Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z560 (59-068251) Laptop Price India: Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G Series G570 (59-068336) Laptop Price India: Buy Lenovo Essential G Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

Core i5:

1.Lenovo Z570

Specs: core i5, 2410 variant, 640GB, DOS,$USB, HDMI port, PRICE- Rs.35,010/-

Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z570 (59-069599) Laptop Price India: Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

2.Lenovo Z560

Specs:core i5, 460M, 500GB, DOS, 3USB, HDMI port, PRICE-Rs.34,170/-

Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Z560 (59-057033) Laptop Price India: Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

3.HP Compaq 42-462 TU
Specs: Core i5, 460M(2410M variant also available),320GB,DOS,3USB,??HDMI port, PRICE- Rs.31,860/-

HP Compaq 42 Series CQ42-462TU Laptop Price India: Buy HP Compaq 42 Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

4.Asus P Series P52F-SO114D

Specs: Core i5, 480M, 4GB, 500GB, DOS, HDMI????, PRICE-Rs.33,510/-

Asus P Series P52F-SO114D Laptop Price India: Buy Asus P Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

5.Acer Aspire Aspire 5750

Specs: core i5,4310M(2nd gen),2GB DDR3,500GB,Linux,3USB, HDMI???, PRICE-Rs.32,670/-

Acer Aspire Aspire 5750 (Ci5/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux) Laptop Price India: Buy Acer Aspire Aspire Notebook India: Flipkart.com

I have heard that ACER has overheating issues compared to LENOVO. Is it true?? Will purchase as soon as i get definitive replies from you. Thank you!

Last edited:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I had acer 5745 and it has no heating issues. The display, sound and build quality is crap. Sound is so feeble that I cant listen to some of the YouTube video. I had to get the DVD drive replaced twice in 4 months.

Have a look at this Dell Inspiron 15R. Although priced at 41k but it is good value for money
Remember that having an i3/i5 or graphics card will be waste until you have a good screen and speakers to enjoy it
Otherwise go for lenovo

OP
A

amazingbrains

Broken In
Thank you Prashant!

I spoke with a multi brand dealer and he suggested me not to go for Dell laptops. HE said that indian dell are made assemble from chinese parts whereas the one available in U.S & other countries are made from finland materials.

He said he has encountered several customers who had major problems in the hardware within few months of purchasing it. MOreover the support seems to be very bad.He also said of a customer who purchased a dell studio and met with several problems within few months after purchase.

SO he warned me from purchasing Dell. HE suggested me to go for either LENOVO or HP. HE said acer had overhearing issues but they are priced less.

So im in a dilemma now!!!!!!!! Is there any good laptop in the models i listed above??

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Your dealer is wrong. People have the same confusion about Nokia. Dell is not a Finland based company but US based. You can go for HP dv6 for the same price as Inspiron 15R

Personally I dont prefer Acer and Lenovo both. Dell and HP are the best.

If you want to have a laptop with graphics card Inspiron 15R and HP dv6-6015tx are the best bet. HP has beats audio sound too. Non graphics card models come at around 35k

OP
A

amazingbrains

Broken In
Oh! How about HCL?? I just checked out their website and they seem to give a decent bet. Core i5 with graphics card costs around 35000 & 2nd gen i3 around 32,000.

They are currently giving 3years extended warranty and 3yrs Mcafee subscription.

WIll there be significant difference between 1st gen and 2nd gen corei3/i5 processors?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Oh! How about HCL?? I just checked out their website and they seem to give a decent bet. Core i5 with graphics card costs around 35000 & 2nd gen i3 around 32,000.

They are currently giving 3years extended warranty and 3yrs Mcafee subscription.

WIll there be significant difference between 1st gen and 2nd gen corei3/i5 processors?

Please give the link to the HCL laptop you are referring. @ 36k they are giving i5 but no graphics card. LINK
I have never used HCL laptops. My expeiece was HCL was limited to Benstalk PC only. It was very good. However market reputation of HCL has decreased recently.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Thank you prashant! When u mean good display what are the qualities to look for?? How to judge it is a good display??

Good color reproduction ( you'll have to compare two displays to see this) A good display has vibrant colors. Another important thing is good viewing angles. It is hard to explain but you'll understand when you'll have an HCL and dell in front of you

OP
A

amazingbrains

Broken In
Oh! Ok....I have seen reviews for HP being very sturdy in terms of build quality and also service and HCL being not so sturdy..But im being lured into the 3yrs extended warranty. IF anything goes wrong within this period i can have the parts replaced free of cost right!

What do u say about the HCL pricing for the i5??? ISnt it a steal price???

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Oh! Ok....I have seen reviews for HP being very sturdy in terms of build quality and also service and HCL being not so sturdy..But im being lured into the 3yrs extended warranty. IF anything goes wrong within this period i can have the parts replaced free of cost right!

What do u say about the HCL pricing for the i5??? ISnt it a steal price???

I got an acer 6 months ago. I also thought it was a great price as all other models were 5k costly. But I was wrong. the sound through the speakers was very feeble. Display was crap. USB forts went loose after 2 months of usage. It was an i5 good for nothing

Now i have a HP and the quality speaks for itself. I am very happy. If you are buying a laptop for 3 years of use buy HP or Dell. They are built to last long. Take good care of it and you wont have to visit the service station ever

OP
A

amazingbrains

Broken In
Ok..I will personally checkout the HCL & HP laptops today. Will compare them and see the features and build quality.

By the way i have come across 2 laptops one from MSI and the other from HP featuring AMD dual core E-350 + ATI radeon 6310 graphics card for 25000INR. What do u say of the processor?? Is it really worth the price??? Can we do some occassional CS4 photoshopping in it??

R do u recommend going in for a core i3/i5 processor by spending another extra 5000INR?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Ok..I will personally checkout the HCL & HP laptops today. Will compare them and see the features and build quality.

By the way i have come across 2 laptops one from MSI and the other from HP featuring AMD dual core E-350 + ATI radeon 6310 graphics card for 25000INR. What do u say of the processor?? Is it really worth the price??? Can we do some occassional CS4 photoshopping in it??

R do u recommend going in for a core i3/i5 processor by spending another extra 5000INR?

E-350 is a low end CPU. i3 will be much much faster

bevybeast

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends,
Im currebtly residing in mumbai, planning to by a Laptop with

"Corei5 Processor, 4GB Ram, 500GB hard Disk, 1GB Graphic Card, 15.6 Screen with HD LED Display, Dos Operating System, wifi, Usb 2.0, etc.."

Pls advice me except "HCL and Samsung Laptops". visited Lamington road, mumbai. every shop have their own price, MACIT Solutions offered me the cheapest price for above config
DEll-Inspiron 15R: 31,000
Acer-5742: 29800
Hp-G62: 30,600
Lenovo-Y560: 32,000
Toshiba-660: 30,600
Asus-A540: 30000

Friends please guide me which shop in Mumbai and Chennai is cheap & best to buy Laptops and which product gives a good battery life like Asus and support like DELL.

Thanks in Advance
BB

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Hi Friends,
Im currebtly residing in mumbai, planning to by a Laptop with

"Corei5 Processor, 4GB Ram, 500GB hard Disk, 1GB Graphic Card, 15.6 Screen with HD LED Display, Dos Operating System, wifi, Usb 2.0, etc.."

Pls advice me except "HCL and Samsung Laptops". visited Lamington road, mumbai. every shop have their own price, MACIT Solutions offered me the cheapest price for above config
DEll-Inspiron 15R: 31,000
Acer-5742: 29800
Hp-G62: 30,600
Lenovo-Y560: 32,000
Toshiba-660: 30,600
Asus-A540: 30000

Friends please guide me which shop in Mumbai and Chennai is cheap & best to buy Laptops and which product gives a good battery life like Asus and support like DELL.

Thanks in Advance
BB

Inspiron 15R looks the best choice

Top Bottom