Budget Laptop for General use and occassional Photoshop

punitks

Broken In
Hi

I need help around a new computer purchase that will be used primarily for general use and occassional photoshop
Primarily looking for a laptop that should last for atleast 4-5 years in terms of configuration

The basic details are provided below.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Around 25,000. Can go up/down by another 2k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
The laptop will primarily be used for general use like surfing/movies/music/light gaming
Occasional Photoshop (but not full time use)

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
looking for Core i3 at the minimum. confused around teh difference between 4th gen and 5th genin terms of performance
4 GB RAM and 500 GB HDD

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Dell, HP
b. Dislike: Acer, Asus, etc

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs)
Purchase place ( Online for reputed seller or Offline)
Primarily looking for a laptop that should last for atleast 4-5 years in terms of configuration

Also, a closing question. I will primarily be using the laptop at home only. SO would I be better placed to go for a desktop with the same specifications. If yes, what woul dbe the benefit cost/performance of a similar spec desktop over the laptop?

Cheers
Punit

With that budget, don't dream of gaming..... You would be able to play CoD4 at max (no problem for CS)

HP 15-af024AU APU Quad Core A8 - (4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1) Notebook vs HP 15-ac042TU (Notebook) (Core i3 4th Gen/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS) (M9U96PA) vs Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Ubuntu) (3542341TBiSU1): Compare Computers:

I would suggest 1st one

OP
P

punitks

Broken In
Oh...
All 3 will run photoshop without problems

Thanks... I found the below configs, kindly comment on the same.

Both specs are pretty much the same with Dell being a bit cheaper

I read reviews about dell where it is said that the display is not that good.. what is your comment on the same?

Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3-4005U/4GB/500GB HDD/Linux/Integrated Graphics), Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Buy HP 15-AC042TU 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3-4005U/4GB/1TB/Intel HD Graphics 4400/DOS), Jack Black Colour Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Last edited:
Thanks... I found the below configs, kindly comment on the same.

Both specs are pretty much the same with Dell being a bit cheaper

I read reviews about dell where it is said that the display is not that good.. what is your comment on the same?

Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3-4005U/4GB/500GB HDD/Linux/Integrated Graphics), Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Buy HP 15-AC042TU 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3-4005U/4GB/1TB/Intel HD Graphics 4400/DOS), Jack Black Colour Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Get a 1TB HDD laptop...
So HP one is better

Those screen would be okay

saswat23

Human Spambot
Get: HP 15-ac044TU Notebook (Core i3 5th Gen/ 4GB/ 500GB/ FreeDOS) (M9U99PA) Rs.25790 Price in India - Buy HP 15-ac044TU Notebook (Core i3 5th Gen/ 4GB/ 500GB/ FreeDOS) (M9U99PA) Turbo SIlver Color With Diamond & Cross Brush Pattern Online - HP : Flipkart
You will get 500 off on APP and extra 2k off with SBI Debit/Credit Card.
HP is also providing Back to College offer, so you can easily avail extra 2years warranty for just 1.5k extra.

Top Bottom