Budget keyboard for gaming

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Hi All,

Currently I am using a MS keyboard. I am looking for a change now. Can someone suggest a budget keyboard for gaming around 2K?? All I need is backlit keyboard and am not interested in bells and whistles like macros (I don't mind if they come in the budget though).

Regards,
Rakesh

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Its priced 3.1K in FK.

I am looking for something within 2K and not necessarily a gaming keyboard with the whistles and bells. I only need the backlit :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Logitech G100 combo has a budget gaming keyboard.. which is VFM considering the price
Dont go for Razer Cyclosa bundle, its overpriced and not VFM

not many backlit keyboards under that price buddy.. :/

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Both are good it depends on your pattern of usage. Havoknation sells X6 for Rs 2000 ,I believe I read it somewhere in this forum. Get it if it really comes at that price.

There...........

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/169305-gamin-pc-under-50k-just-pc.html

tkin

Back to school!!
No no no, stay away from X6, it has a huge ghosting issue, pressing ctrl disables the R key, go for X4.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
can someone temme if merc is good compared to g105?? I mean will the gaming pad help?? I think it should be something helpful for me as I always keep my keyboard titled upwards on the left side to make my gaming posture comfortable.. and this is exactly what I might be looking for..

But my question is, is the gamepad really smooth and easy to use??

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
No no no, stay away from X6, it has a huge ghosting issue, pressing ctrl disables the R key, go for X4.

Hold down RIGHT SHIFT + LEFT SHIFT and type this:

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

You most likely will notice that some keys don't register. This is normal on most keyboards (excluding mechanical) without anti-ghosting.Its absolutely normal for all membrane keyboards.But it wont affect WASD. So its a non issue. Pressing ctrl dissables any key let alone R .!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Hold down RIGHT SHIFT + LEFT SHIFT and type this:

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

You most likely will notice that some keys don't register. This is normal on most keyboards (excluding mechanical) without anti-ghosting.Its absolutely normal for all membrane keyboards.But it wont affect WASD. So its a non issue.
Yeah, but X6 had the issue when pressing left ctrl a bunch of keys got stuck, think like this, you are crouching(holding ctrl) and you can't reload(r), its a killer problem and no gamer could be happy with a such a keyboard, X4 has no such issues hence recommended: *www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&suge...15e8a6a6cd&biw=1610&bih=867&es_nrs=true&ion=1

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Merc Stealth is something that you have to grow in to. And if you manage that its great. If you are not a hard core gamer better get a normal layout keyboard.

Yeah, but X6 had the issue when pressing left ctrl a bunch of keys got stuck, think like this, you are crouching(holding ctrl) and you can't reload(r), its a killer problem and no gamer could be happy with a such a keyboard, X4 has no such issues hence recommended: *www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&suge...15e8a6a6cd&biw=1610&bih=867&es_nrs=true&ion=1

The thing you are talking about is 2010 issue and has been resolved many moons ago.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, but X6 had the issue when pressing left ctrl a bunch of keys got stuck, think like this, you are crouching(holding ctrl) and you can't reload(r), its a killer problem and no gamer could be happy with a such a keyboard, X4 has no such issues hence recommended

X4 doesnt seems to be available anywhere online.

I am still waiting for my earlier query that is it worth the extra 500 bucks for merc compared to G105?
Planning to buy one of them as X6 is ruled out.

tkin

Back to school!!
Merc Stealth is something that you have to grow in to. And if you manage that its great. If you are not a hard core gamer better get a normal layout keyboard.

The thing you are talking about is 2010 issue and has been resolved many moons ago.
Show me a link where it says it had been solved?

PS: No driver updates, it was a hardware issue.

X4 doesnt seems to be available anywhere online.

I am still waiting for my earlier query that is it worth the extra 500 bucks for merc compared to G105?
Planning to buy one of them as X6 is ruled out.
Nope, merc has weird aesthetics, hard to get uses to unless you can adapt fast.

Top Bottom