Budget keyboard for gaming

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Logitech is great , and so is their after sales. So go with it if you are not heavily in customization and macros. If you are in to then get the Stealth.The stealth has ofcourse better build.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You can go for Microsoft Sidewinder X6 @ 2k. This is Gaming Keyboard with backlit keys in red and orange.

Review:
Microsoft SideWinder X6 2013 - TopTenREVIEWS

Video Review & Unboxing:
**www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz2BbRuwvc8

rayfire

Journeyman
You can go for Microsoft Sidewinder X6 @ 2k. This is Gaming Keyboard with backlit keys in red and orange.

Review:

Video Review & Unboxing:

X6 for 2k?

tkin

Back to school!!

Review:

Video Review & Unboxing:
Oh do mention the fact, when you crouch, you can't reload :lol:

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Review:

Video Review & Unboxing:

please link us where you bought it..2k for x6 is a killer deal

nginx

In the zone
Oh do mention the fact, when you crouch, you can't reload :lol:

Hehe I knew somebody would come up with the ghosting problem. I have the Sidewinder keyboard too but its not suitable for gaming. I can make do with it because I am not a serious gamer and hardly play fps.

On the plus side, it has killer professional looks with sexy red backlit keys which look awesome in a dark room. That's what attracted me to the Sidewinder. Most gaming keyboards look like fancy toys.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hehe I knew somebody would come up with the ghosting problem. I have the Sidewinder keyboard too but its not suitable for gaming. I can make do with it because I am not a serious gamer and hardly play fps.

On the plus side, it has killer professional looks with sexy red backlit keys which look awesome in a dark room. That's what attracted me to the Sidewinder. Most gaming keyboards look like fancy toys.
That's why I suggested the Sidewinder X4, amazing keyboard at amazing price, but the pathetic microsoft distributor in India stopped importing it :banghead: it was a beauty :evil:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
What the.....every device ,peripheral built can have manufacturing issues that dosnt mean that all the devices built are bad. There are scores of reviews and users who praise the X6 and many who had issues with it too. Its normal. And I explained the ghosting issue is inherent with membrane keyboards. Google and read. You will come out clear on that.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
What the.....every device ,peripheral built can have manufacturing issues that dosnt mean that all the devices built are bad. There are scores of reviews and users who praise the X6 and many who had issues with it too. Its normal. And I explained the ghosting issue is inherent with membrane keyboards. Google and read. You will come out clear on that.
Its not a manufacturing issue with a few unit, its a hardware bug, and yes, while I can't press a dozen keys on a USB keyboard, but all gaming keyboards apply special anti ghosting methods, around wasd clusters, the ctrl buttons, space etc, the X6 has the issue if you press left ctrl it locks up the r key, so no reload while crouching, that's the death scenario in most shooters.

And in the last page. even a gawd damn X6 owner said that X6 is useless for gaming, what more proof do you want? Do you own the X6?

which one is supposed to be more expensive ? X6 or X4.. if it is X6, X4 should be even cheaper no ? O_O
Logically X4 is cheaper, but you see, it has terrible ghosting issues and most people avoid it, they go for X4, so the demand is high for X4, hence overpriced, and the X6 is no longer sold, even if you could snag a unit its a stock clearance sell, hence the cheap price.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
can someone gimme pointers on where to look for an X4?? I dont see X4 listed anywhere online. Even X6 looks to be out of production as per FK.

tkin

Back to school!!
can someone gimme pointers on where to look for an X4?? I dont see X4 listed anywhere online. Even X6 looks to be out of production as per FK.
Microsoft India has stopped importing both(X4 and X6), you have to look locally for old units, but best to avoid it as you'll have isue with warranty.

Get logitech gaming keyboard suggested earlier.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Microsoft India has stopped importing both(X4 and X6), you have to look locally for old units, but best to avoid it as you'll have isue with warranty.

Get logitech gaming keyboard suggested earlier.

Thanks guys for helping me clear my thoughts.. I will be getting a G105 :)

Is MDComputers trust worthy and how fast is thier shipping?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
They are very trustworthy. You can safely place an order and do a bank transfer.

@ Tkin
Logitech is supported by Rashi......should he buy it? Rashi has very very bad After Sales Support according to you as to what you are posting in another thread. Please advise.

Top Bottom