Ambassador of Buzz
hello great forum!
I need a gpu my budget is 2k to 2.5k
my pc specs are
p5svd2-vm motherboard
dualcore @ 1.86
1gb ram
monitor @ 1368x766

the needs are to replace the igp which is a pain when it comes to instaling linux
would also love to play some games like starcraft2 fifa the comin diablo3
at my current monitor resolution im assuming i can play these games at good detail
read in toms hardware that 4650 radeon is good it cost about 50-60$ so a gpu in its range is what im lookin at
can someone help me find the appropriate one! And if im goin 2 buy online from where!
Thanx in advance

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
only card that can offer somewhat gameplay at your resolution & costing 2.5k is 9500GT or HD4650. but usually HD4650 cost 3k & hard to find. so search for 9500GT 512Mb DDR2 from Zotac, XFX, etc. also avoid 9400GT as its not at all powerful.

OP
kamikaz

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
hey thanx a lott for your quick reply guyz...What options i have if i raise the money to 3000 rupees

ssb1551

Technomancer
yup 9500gt is the only option here
4650 is already vanished from the market
rare to find

If you are in Bhubaneswar,Orissa you'll find it in every other shop & trust me they got loads of these cards.Makes you wonder : where the heck do they get their stuff??

OP
kamikaz

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
ok guyz thanx a lot ...im goin to check...though i cant seem to find any online deals at these prices....anyway thanx a lot :)

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
msi hd 5450 1gig ddr3-2650 smc international or msi hd 4350 1gig ddr2-2400.
your choice...but ithink hd 5450 would be better!!!!

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
i know but those are the only cards that fall under the 2k-2.5k budget!!!!
and still they don't perform that awkwardly for their price.(except 4350).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
he increased his budget to 3k. he can at least try get a HD4650 (maybe lynx or tech enclave). a HD4650 is considerably faster & can be considered kind of a gaming card. but HD5450 or HD4350, never never never. i remember reading HD5450 review in Anandtech around 6 month's back where they clearly mentioned gamers should stay away from these cards. just too slow. for these cards, even 256Mb memory looks like a lot.

if you look at Tom's H/W Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart, the HD4350, HD4550 & HD5450 all are in the same bracket & HD4650 & 9500GT stands proudly (literally) a few boxes above them. even a 9400GT is faster than these cards. oh, even Intel's SB graphics beat them.

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
technology is changing day by day....you cannot compare an old agp with the latest igp.i just mentioned that i took those cards according to the budget.i didn't knew he increased the budget to 3k.
according to the budget i would recommend n210(1gb) or gt220(512mb) versions and they are also well within the budget.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
What options i have if i raise the money to 3000 rupees
he mentioned it. but under 2.5k, the cards listed by you are the only avl option. but i think 9400GT will do better or maybe won't.

also GT220 is costly. but at 3k, it too can be considered.

techplugger

Right off the assembly line
hea u havent written about ur proccessor, motherboard and company.Otherwise,u can get branded gpu like zotac and sapphire in ur given budget.

OP
kamikaz

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
well for a LOw end graphics card i figured that wouldnt matter..besides...i dont plan to play all the big games..some strategy or fifa or racing perhaps..
still heres the info
its Asus p5sd2-vm
processor is the intel DUal core..u know the one before core 2 duo :(
i really appreciate your comments,..thanx a lot :)

and can u tell me some online website where u can buy this in india off course and anyone from kerala know any area where u can get these at low prices?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
MSI one is 4500+ I guess.., one of my friend bought it last month and said something like that..

well for a LOw end graphics card i figured that wouldnt matter..besides...i dont plan to play all the big games..some strategy or fifa or racing perhaps..
still heres the info
its Asus p5sd2-vm
processor is the intel DUal core..u know the one before core 2 duo :(
i really appreciate your comments,..thanx a lot :)

and can u tell me some online website where u can buy this in india off course and anyone from kerala know any area where u can get these at low prices?

IMO, you have decided right, for a low end you shouldn't think that much if you are not a mid/hard core gamer. Just buy one as suggested above and when you change your status to a hardcore gamer then buy a big one. :)

Last edited:

abirthedevil

In the zone
i run a 9500gt 512mb on my secondary desktop and it runs crysis on a 19" monitor at low settings, with your budget i dont see a reason why you shouldnt buy it unless you can find a 4650 within your budget

Top Bottom