Budget e-book reader

sahil1033

In the zone
I want a device to read e-books, it can be an e-book reader or a tablet too. But I want to go for a tablet as it will serve the purpose of tablet too, going for an e-book reader won't be a good choice. Anyways, I'm a bit confused, suggest something please.

Last edited:
OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
I can afford Nexus 7 2012 (16 GB, WiFi only) but it doesn't support call facility which means no internet on the go. That's the only reason I'm not buying it otherwise I would have bought it already.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
This is my own personal opinion...

i too was in a similar position of yours after owning a 7 inch android tablet i realized that it's a total rip off or waste of money if your primary aim is to read books.. a 7 inch tablet is just an extension of android Mobile.. you are better off buying a 5-5.5 inch android mobile at least you can carry that in the pocket and use it for every purpose that a tablet can be used as well as a mobile ( so 2 in 1 ) .. they have same OS same apps same functionality.. sure the specs in tablet are higher than it's mobile counterparts

if you want to buy a tablet for reading needs buy a tablet at least 9-10 inches .. or get a 5 inch android smartphone

i am not including Kindle ebook reader here

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I would rather go for Nexus 7 -_-

Your requirements clearly state that you only need ebook reader.So Paperwhite is the best.

Nexus 7 is best budget tablet anyway.But believe me I personally get eyestrain on my iPad mini.So it is not advisable to read ebooks <1080p display(Nexus 7 is <1080p)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The Kindle is hands down the BEST ebook reader in the market.. The battery lasts a LOOOONG time and the e ink display doesnt cause any eye strain..
If you are into serious ebook reading, then getting an android tablet is a bad choice

hitesh

In the zone
The Kindle is hands down the BEST ebook reader in the market.. The battery lasts a LOOOONG time and the e ink display doesnt cause any eye strain..
If you are into serious ebook reading, then getting an android tablet is a bad choice
This^

Top Bottom