budget 8+1 phases motherboard??????

Tarun

In the zone
hi guys i run a Athlon II X4 640 with a crappy Gigabyte M68MT-S2P i wanted to upgrade my motherboard to a decent 4+1(Vrm heatsinked is possible) or a decent 8+1 phases motherboard supporting a 125w cpu with 4 dimm slots. my budget is 4k or max 4.5k pls help

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's the best you can get for ~4.5k - for something cheaper look for Asus M4A88T-M LE - 400 bucks cheaper with 2 dimm slots only ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) is a good mobo with support for upcoming Am3+ cpu ( read BullDozer ) but while buying make sure it has 3.1 rev and the cpu socket is black colored - which means it has native support for Am3+ ie BullDozer cpus and is more future proof ;-)

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
thanx topgear but i have a doubt which would be better for overclock my X4 640 uptill 4Gigs on air (TX3)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think you'll be able to push the 640 to 4 Ghz with Air Cooling - the max you can get will be around ~3.-/3.8 Ghz - for that I think you should either opt for GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) or Asus M4A88T-M but going with GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) makes more sense as it has Am3+ socket which means it's more future proof ;-) ;-)

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
thanx i think i will gofor 78LMT

sorry to bugg u Topgear but the only thing i m worry that 78LMT has only 2 Dimm Slots i wanted a 4 dimm slotted mobo i have 4x3 RAM set at my place but i am waiting for the new mobo is ther any ohter mother with same features with 4 DIMM and at the same price

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you are getting GA-78LMT-S2P make sure it's rev 3.1 - the cpu scoket should be black colored which means AM3+ support ;-)

It's very hard to find any good mobo under 3k with 4 Dimm slots as this falls under value category and the market is flooded with mobo with 2 dimm slots - anyway, if I find something useful I'll let you know ;-)

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
^^^ + reps buddy u surely are very patient :)

how about a Biostar TA785G3 heard its costs under 4k ???????

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it does not have Am3+ socket - so it won't support upcoming BullDozer cpus but if you only plan to use the Athlon II X4 640 with it then it's a good mobo and will be enough for OCing your cpu ;-)

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
how about gigabyte ga 880gm-usb3 mobo @ 4.8k with 4 DIMM slots and 4+1 phase and also am3+ support.

sukesh i c u have got one but my question is even i have got a VIP 400w PSU but it has only 4 pin ATX and the mobo has 8 ????????????? did u plug in only 4 pins into the motherboard ?:?::?::?::?::?:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
how about gigabyte ga 880gm-usb3 mobo @ 4.8k with 4 DIMM slots and 4+1 phase and also am3+ support.

that's a very good mobo but while buying one he should make sure that it has 3.1 rev with black socket which means it supports Am3+ ;-)

a 4 pin cpu power cable can be used in a mobo with a 8 pin cpu power socket but there's no guarantee how much OC will be possible with PSu like these - for Oc using a better quality PSU with proper connectors is always recommended ;-)

Top Bottom