Status
Not open for further replies.

vutonium

Broken In
I got a new Dell Optiplex GX620[Pentium D 3.40Ghz,945mboard 1gbram 533MHz] system recently running on windows xp sp2[which came installed on the pc]. Ever since i've been using it, it shows a bsod many -a- times which says IRQL_not_less_than_equal and sometimes page fault in non paged area and below the file names are nis.dll or win32k.dll or even ntfs.sys.

What could be the prob?I've tried updating all the drivers. But that didnt help.Please guys help me. i'm scared. This is my new pc.I dont wanna mess it all up.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
vutonium said:
I got a new Dell Optiplex GX620[Pentium D 3.40Ghz,945mboard 1gbram 533MHz] system recently running on windows xp sp2[which came installed on the pc]. Ever since i've been using it, it shows a bsod many -a- times which says IRQL_not_less_than_equal and sometimes page fault in non paged area and below the file names are nis.dll or win32k.dll or even ntfs.sys.

What could be the prob?I've tried updating all the drivers. But that didnt help.Please guys help me. i'm scared. This is my new pc.I dont wanna mess it all up.

I think your RAM is faulty. Because if the IRQ_not_less_than_equal stuff.

Contact the DELL support for that. :D

anandk

Distinguished Member
STOP 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
A kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location without authorization. This Stop error is typically caused by faulty or incompatible hardware or software. The name of the offending device driver often appears in the Stop error and can provide an important clue to solving the problem. If the error message points to a specific device or category of devices, try removing or replacing devices in that category. If this Stop error appears during Setup, suspect an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup program. Article KB314063 may show you the direction.

Google for 15 MOST COMMON STOP ERRORS / BSOD's IN WINDOWS

OP
V

vutonium

Broken In
The exact error is
0x0000008E(0xc0000005,0xBF8100B3,0xAA4EE878)

win32k.sys Address BF8100BB Base at BF800000 Datestamp 41107F7a
this is one of the errors i could write down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom