BSOD restart

Anish

Spectre
Hi frnds, i am having a strange problem.
I am having a lenovo sl400c notebook and it is working fine till last week. I have dual os win xp and win 7. Working with both os is fine. But when i shutdown from win xp, it doesnt shutdown but it reboots.... shutdown works fine in win 7. but in xp it reboots. before rebooting, a BSOD flashes, it has very few lines (5-6). it just flashes and system restarts...

pls help me out

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Control panel -->System --> advanced -->Startup & recovery settings
possibly the option to restart after failure is enabled. Disable the same in case already enabled, so that you may be able to see the BSOD msg

Try system restore to restore the system to a previous state.

Reinstall XP!!

CA50

Cyborg Agent
To view BSOD message

1.Enter registry editor by typing regedit at run
2.Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl
3. Change the value of "AutoReboot" to 0 (create if it does not exist)
4.Reboot

Next post the BSOD error code here for further analysis

OP
Anish

Anish

Spectre
hi, i found the BSOD msg by unchecking the auto restart option when system failure in startup settings

The message is
stop:c000021a {fatal system error}
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shutdown.
can u figure out the problem....

I also tried system restore. after restore, the system restarts and it again shows up the BSOD and when restarts, the sys restore window appears telling the msg that the system failed to restore coz it has been improperly shutdown.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
It is often caused by pending file-rename operations that are scheduled in the Windows NT registry, but that cannot be completed.

Try repairing your system using windows xp bootable cd.

Click here for more details

OP
Anish

Anish

Spectre
ya i used the fixboot command but of no use . But it created another problem i have a dual boot for win xp and win 7. after using fixboot command, the boot manager does'nt show up and it boots directly into win xp.... i cannot boot into win 7..what can i do..

and also my standby option is disabled in that turn of box....what to do for that

Last edited:
Top Bottom