Bsod registry_error

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hello,
I have faced this BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR before 2-3 times but on rebooting the PC, everything went fine and I didn't cared to notice the same in detail. And everything went on fine till today morning.

But the problem started severely when I booted the PC today evening, everytime after the PC gets in to Home Screen I was facing this BSOD every time. After the same happened for 5 times, I booted using Ubuntu Live CD instead of trying to boot into Safe Mode and googled out the reasons.

I did memory test using memtest86+ and got no error. And while googling I got HDD Problem and Registry Hive Corrupt as the main issues for causing this.

Then I came up with [SOLVED] Registry Errors[BSOD][Windows 7] - Tech Support Forum and following the same, I solved my problem now.

So my question is, the problem really solved? What was causing the actual problem?

I have uploaded the Minidumps here => Minidump.rar

PC COnfiguration:
Intel i5 2400
Intel DH67CL
Gskill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL
Sapphire HD 6770 1GB GDDR5
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
well if hdd & ram check are clear then it should mean registry corruption.some softwares installation/uninstallation along with registry cleaner may corrupt registry.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@Krishnandu: u can also try "WhoCrashed.." which will give detailed info about the BSOD Error

Thanks for the suggestion.

It says "This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)"

And "2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Consider configuring your system to produce a full memory dump for better analysis.".

I think I'd follow the same. So that if BSOD happens again later...may be this software can analyze the reason.

UPDATE:
Ok. I started getting BSOD's again continuously. Now I enabled Complete Memory Dump from Safe Mode with Networking. And that software is suggesting errors due to "services.sys". Tried googling out but didn't got much. Any help regarding the same would be appreciated.

Gone through Help!! getting BSOD Windows 7 with Registry Error! and tried disabling USB, Audio, DVD Drive, Network drivers. Still getting BSOD. So I guess I can be confirmed that it's not because of one of these drivers.

Need to test Keyboard and Mouse. Also I think I should go for a HDD Test other than relying on Windows CHKDSK. Can you guys suggest some good HDD Test Tool? I have no idea about the same.

BTW figured out one more odd thing, that, if I doesn't start running programs as soon as windows boots, and start doing my task after say 2-3 min everything works fine. I don't get BSOD. I'm getting BSOD only if I start opening programs as soon as windows boots.

And I'm sure that no particular program is causing the problem as I have tried with different programs. Case is same for all.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
use crystaldisk info CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World best free hdd monitoring software in my opinion.post the screenshot of values here.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
use crystaldisk info CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World best free hdd monitoring software in my opinion.post the screenshot of values here.

*i.imgur.com/qUqnC.jpg

Something is sure happening in between Safe Mode and Normal Mode. Because in Safe Mode / Safe Mode with Networking everything is working fine. But when I disabled the drivers it's still failing. May be because of some other drivers. But I don't know how to test it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
your hdd is fine.according to this here memtest can sometimes miss errors:
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0) - Windows 7 Forums
run memtest again with 6-7 passes for both ram modules(if this is the case) separately.also if you have 2 ram modules try running your pc for a day or two by just using 1 module to further test(or borrow/exchange one ram module from your friends).i strongly suggest test running your pc with a different brand ram though for 1-2 days because according to this here all issues were caused by the ram/mobo combo.
2 more BSOD errors - Tech Support Forum (last post in thread)

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Thanks. Well I have only one RAM Module. Otherwise I'd have already did that test.

BTW I have ran full Memtest twice but didn't got any errors :(

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Must be some kind of driver issue. There is absolutely no problem with the HDD you are using.

Top Bottom