BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error

zenoxas

Right off the assembly line
my pc is 3 months old and running on windows 7(home premium).

Specs: Intel i5-2310 (stock, unoverclocked)
4GB DDR3 RAM
Intel H67BL motherboard

The pc works fine for weeks but sometimes it hangs and displays BSOD "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval."

The error can occur anytime while surfing net,watching movies,sitting idle.At first i had Windows 7(ultimate).I formatted the pc and installed Windows 7(home premium). It worked fine untill I installed SQL Server 2008 R2.Figuring this as the problem I uninstalled SQL Server. It agained worked fine for a month untill now.

I ran WhoCrashed to read dump and it always gave me this result

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x71F00)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x31, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880009EA180, 0x1)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

I guess this problem comes from a CPU, i've seen microsoft patch (solution) for this problme for vista machines, but I'm running windows 7. Plz some1 help me, im just going mad.

RahulB

Journeyman
Are you sure your CPU isn't overclocked.. Use the Intel CPU Identification utility from Intel to find this out.

Intel Link: Support for the Intel® Processor Identification Utility

This is most likely a hardware problem, something might be wrong with your processor/ram/motherboard...

As your PC is just 3 months old you must be under the warranty period, so get it checked with your system vendor...Good Luck!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Intel core i5-2310 can be OCed with Intel H67BL - so the prob lies elsewhere.

@ OP - Install windows 7 once again > Disable Windows Update > get and and install Sp1 > Install all the latest Drivers > Disable power management features or set the pc as always on / max performance mode > Test the cpu with prime 95 / OCCT and run a cpu load test and post the feedback.

OP
Z

zenoxas

Right off the assembly line
@Rahul : the CPU isn't overclocked

@topgear: ran OCCT for 30 mins ...the results were saved as image..no errors found

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ run OCCT for at-least an hour ( Stability Test ) and do make the necessary power scheme changes I've told and post feedback.

Top Bottom