BSNL's WiMax plans make it to Engadget

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ok i found it a proud moment that BSNL has found mention on engadget:

engadget said:
Even as Sprint tentatively rolls out the XOHM network here in the States, the largest Indian telecom company is planning to build a mobile WiMax network covering three states on the subcontinent capable of serving 250 million people. State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is leaning on Soma Networks to build the broadband-speed network in response to government requirement that 20 million broadband lines be in service by 2010. The WiMax rollout will first hit the largest and most-connected states, but BSNL is planning on extending the network if things go well. Soma says it's shipping thousands of base stations to get the network operational at full speed, and that when it's done, 400 Indian cities will be covered, with downstream speeds of 1.5 megabits per seconds. No word on when that might be, but the race is officially on, Sprint.

Source

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
yeah i saw this post on engadget and was really surprised adnt hen felt a little proud to see bsnl name there
:)

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
This is posted as if ENGADGET is something bigger then BSNL ... ROFLMAO !!

BSNL is much bigger company and is a more practical company that has served the nation with its great services then some engadget which only watches the world do things and brings news but does nothing ...!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
WiMAX :lol:

in Kolkata any application for Type - II or Type - IV modem is pending since 2 months :lol:

yaar they cant even provide Wirless Modem :lol: and they are thinking go WiMAX :lol:

goobimama

 Macboy

BSNL is much bigger company and is a more practical company that has served the nation with its great services then some engadget which only watches the world do things and brings news but does nothing ...!!
+ 1 :)

Also, the post is written by an Indian dude, Nilay Patel.

Last edited:

agnels

Live The Dream!
They cant give broadband for want of equipment to rural areas in goa. These things are limited to urban areas. They still wait for 60 applications to start bb in an exchange so that it can generate a profit for them....the last telephone directory printed for goa was 8 years back. They just want to bring in every new technology but then run short of equipment to give connections !

din

Tribal Boy
@agnels

Really sorry to hear about the poblem, but I really understand as I had to wait for a long time.

But one thing is, among the ISPs in India, only BSNL give broadband in rural areas. Yes, their tech support may not be good, their customer care may not be good, still they are trying to reach the remote areas and that is sure a great thing.

agnels

Live The Dream!
@agnels

Really sorry to hear about the poblem, but I really understand as I had to wait for a long time.

But one thing is, among the ISPs in India, only BSNL give broadband in rural areas. Yes, their tech support may not be good, their customer care may not be good, still they are trying to reach the remote areas and that is sure a great thing.

Some facts about rural areas i am talking...
More than 90% households have a pc
Almost Every family in our village have atleast one member working abroad
Tele density is 100% but no broadband

Bsnl promised bb throughout Goa by dec 2007. Wonder what the babus do...

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom