BSNL's first ever loss is a whopping INR 1800 crores!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I think the download speed for Home UL 750 is 2 mbps, the surfing speed is 256 kbps I guess. Am I right?

Jerin

Journeyman
No its speed is 512 kbps.

This loss is just an inflated one. I don't see any reason for this huge loss. The company is doing exceedingly well.

nvdkhan

Right off the assembly line
Due to coming of rivals like Airtel, Idea Bsnl has lost their customers...
But it has best tariff for internet like no other..

bilallucky

Broken In
I lesson BSNL in loss i think their services are for name sake they work but if anything goes wrong the customer care officials just give foolish looks on asking to solve the problem.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What is the difference b/w surfing and downloading ?

There shouldn't be any difference, but there is. When I download anything I got almost 1.8-1.9 mbps but while surfing I got maybe 512 kbps. That's why there is a term 'UP TO' used in their BB plan.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
There shouldn't be any difference, but there is. When I download anything I got almost 1.8-1.9 mbps but while surfing I got maybe 512 kbps. That's why there is a term 'UP TO' used in their BB plan.
nope.

Everything = download. Surfing = download. The difference is, when you browse/surf a website, you download a lot of small things which make up your page. You again get 1.8-1.9 mbps when you surf but you are downloading a lot of small files instead of one big file, so there is lag here and there.

The word "up to" is used by ISPs to tell you that you will get any speed "up to" 2mbps depending on how they are congested. And the word "up to" is only used in India because these morons can't even guarantee you low speeds.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
nope.

Everything = download. Surfing = download. The difference is, when you browse/surf a website, you download a lot of small things which make up your page. You again get 1.8-1.9 mbps when you surf but you are downloading a lot of small files instead of one big file, so there is lag here and there.

The word "up to" is used by ISPs to tell you that you will get any speed "up to" 2mbps depending on how they are congested. And the word "up to" is only used in India because these morons can't even guarantee you low speeds.

Thanks fyi, but can't believe with near about 2 mbps speed the browsing is pathetically slow. :( Which ain't the case for downloading anyway.

Very True & LOL @2nd paragraph.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
You might be feeling lag because of slow DNS servers. Domain names might be taking time to resolve. Try switching to OpenDNS' DNS servers.

Although I use these:

jagzviruz

Broken In
I have been with BSNL Internet services since the days of DIAS connections. They have always delivered on the speed and never on the Customer Service side. The seats are occupied by untrained officials who seldom have any understanding of the system. Compare it to any of the other private operators, their service is just the same. The only difference is that the private operators have well spoken un-trained CSC executives.

Top Bottom